Author Topic: Mega Everdrive X5 issues when connected to Sega CD  (Read 9339 times)

Offline guilhermoadib

• View Profile
Re: Mega Everdrive X5 issues when connected to Sega CD
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 05:31 AM »
I have exactly the same problem, since I bought my X5 in 2018 black friday. Model 2 genesis (brazilian mega drive 3), model 2 cd (brazilian too) and ED X5, with 3.11 OS, but the problem occurs with last 2 OS versions too.

When the cd is attached I have random freezes in genesis games, notably in SOR2. Diagnostic shows error 01 in ram test. But I don't have any problem with segacd backup ram. It works fine and I even finished popful mail saving on the ram cart.

Without the sega cd, genesis games runs fine and there's no error in diagnostic. Didn't test with the 32x, although.

Edit: opened my ED, it says Model 16, Rev. A
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:43 AM by guilhermoadib »

Offline onegoodsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 06:57 PM »
Similar issues here - Rev B board of X5 running v3.11 OS.

Genesis/SegaCD/32X creates errors regarding FAT on Samsung 32GB SD card. If SegaCD or 32X is disconnected all work normally. Replaced SD with different brand/specs 1GB and result is red screen of death when launching game. Official Sega and 32X cartridges work fine.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:59 PM by onegoodsoul »

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 11:01 PM »
I have the Everdrive MD (old version) and I get the same thing if my sega CD is connected when I try to use it, but if I disconnect my sega cd everything works fine.

Offline onegoodsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 03:13 AM »
Any updates on this?

Offline guilhermoadib

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 06:59 PM »
Been waiting for an update too. Can krikzz or someone else confirm if it's normal behaviour, or if there's a fix planned for us?

Offline MadaoSama

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Hi im new to the forum, I've been reading you guys and didn't manage to get my everdrive X5 to work with reliability while the MegaCD2 is plugged to my MegaDrive1 VA6 while there is no issues when having the MD1 working by itself I need the megaCD2 because I route the sound through it to my receiver, and the MD1 sounds far better this way than routing the jack to the receiver. (Sound is crispier and brilliant).

I found that most of the times with the more demanding games like Comix Zone, Super Shinobi, Vectorman or newer games like Pier Solar and XenoCrisis it ends causing graphical glitches and finally crashing, meanwhile with regular games like Sonic, SoR (all the classic first wave Genesis/MegaDrive games) this doesn't happen.

I've a EverDrive X5 Model 16 rev A bought last year.

Offline onegoodsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 03:34 AM »
Updates? Thank you.

Offline onegoodsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 09:54 PM »
Any updates or additional information on this?

Rev B board of X5 running v3.11 OS.

Genesis/SegaCD/32X creates errors regarding FAT on Samsung 32GB SD card. If SegaCD or 32X is disconnected all work normally. Replaced SD with different brand/specs 1GB and result is red screen of death when launching game. Official Sega and 32X cartridges work fine.

Offline onegoodsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2021, 07:53 PM »
Any updates on this issue?

Offline guilhermoadib

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Been waiting on any update for this bug for years now. It's just a annoying to remember to detach the sega cd everytime I want to boot a genesis game.