Author Topic: Save State (redguy's hack)  (Read 2918 times)

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
Save State (redguy's hack)
« on: May 18, 2018, 03:35 AM »
I found this ROM modified by redguy that makes use of save / load and works perfectly on the official SD2SNES firmware!
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3339/

Even after turning it off and on, choose another game, the save was still there when I did the load!

I remember that redguy implemented the function on USB2SNES and it's amazing!

I ask the question: Is it possible to have an IPS patch for "all" other ROMS in the official firmware?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:55 PM by ErivandoXP »

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
Re: Save State (redguy's hack)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 04:13 PM »
A universal save hack or save state patch for all snes roms isnot possible. Unless save state is added to your flash cart, each games would need to be individually hacked to support that kind of sram hack. It is not an easy job and require the hacker to look at the game inner working and find a mechanism for the user to save/load either from the menu (for sram hack) or button combination as you have seen in that Super Ghouls and Ghost patch. This patch was made specificly for that game and would work on the real hardware without using a SD2SNES for example if put on a cart.

But I get the feeling what you are asking is save state support on the Sd2SNES which is more feasible once someone decide to try to add that feature. Other flash cart have it already, like the Powepak for the NES when using third parties mappers pack.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:18 PM by SkinnyV »

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
Re: Save State (redguy's hack)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Some answers from redguy at discord: