Author Topic: MSU-1 Audio Levels (upgraded SD2NES Revision H)  (Read 3203 times)

Offline flex

• View Profile
MSU-1 Audio Levels (upgraded SD2NES Revision H)
« on: February 15, 2019, 03:15 AM »
Hi Guys,

I successfully fitted the upgrade board to my SD2NSES (Revision F to Revision H) and everything has worked great.

However I have some older MSU-1 patched games e.g. Street Fighter II Turbo (CPS2 Arcade) where the sound of the music is much louder than the sound effects, I am guessing this was done due to the older revision having the volume issue so the MSU audio has been amped up to compensate.

Is there anyway I can reduce the music volume down for these games that have this issue?

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
Re: MSU-1 Audio Levels (upgraded SD2NES Revision H)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 04:02 AM »
You can grab the fixed music files (volume fixed for rev.H) here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1339-msu-1-volume-fix-the-second-wave
Hope it helps.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:17 AM »
If you turn the boost off it fixes everything. Using the boost just makes the Audio Levels go way over the Sound Effects as I learnt on Castlevania Dracula X's MSU-1 hack.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline flex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 12:53 PM »
You can grab the fixed music files (volume fixed for rev.H) here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1339-msu-1-volume-fix-the-second-wave
Hope it helps.

Awesome thanks! Will try these out.

If you turn the boost off it fixes everything. Using the boost just makes the Audio Levels go way over the Sound Effects as I learnt on Castlevania Dracula X's MSU-1 hack.

Boost is already turned off as not needed on the Revision H.. this is more to do with the volume level of the MSU-1 files themselves that were made for the earlier revision I guess.

Online Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 01:26 PM »
You'd be better off going to the release articles themselves to ensure you have the latest versions of the music packs. The thread that was linked earlier hasn't been updated since May of last year.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1456-street-fighter-2-turbo-msu-hack

Or if a game I contributed to is one you're looking for, use the link in my signature.

Offline flex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 11:27 PM »
You'd be better off going to the release articles themselves to ensure you have the latest versions of the music packs. The thread that was linked earlier hasn't been updated since May of last year.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1456-street-fighter-2-turbo-msu-hack

Or if a game I contributed to is one you're looking for, use the link in my signature.

Awesome! Exactly what i was after. Thanks.

Offline flex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 06:28 AM »

As previously stated the volume boost was already disabled.

I had some old MSU-1 hacks on my SD card now I that have updated these from the links provided above the levels are all perfect. I believe these older hacks worked well with the Rev. F board which doesn't have the correct volume output, now I am on the Rev. H board i just needed the updated the MSU-1 hacks which have been adjusted correctly and all is good!  8)