General > EverDrive GG

EverDrive GG v9 with SMS files give weird colors

(1/1)

hawkeye:
Hi, I'm new to the EverDriveGG. I just had it and it had v8 on it.

I upgraded it to v9.

GameGear files do work on my GG but when I load SMS files they show in weird colors. Do I have to do something special to load SMS on the GG? I thought it worked out of the box.

Any tips appreciated.

soulfunkdjx:
Change the extension of the game you want to play from .sms to .gg
That should fix your problem

skoch59@gmail.com:
I changed my extension from .SMS to .gg and I also get weird colors when playing master system games on my everdrive. I don't have the x7 and I just purchased this so I'm not sure if it needs to be updated. BTW I have a fully restored with new caps and mcwill screen. I can play gg games with no issues.

soulfunkdjx:

--- Quote from: skoch59@gmail.com on December 27, 2020, 08:41 AM ---I changed my extension from .SMS to .gg and I also get weird colors when playing master system games on my everdrive. I don't have the x7 and I just purchased this so I'm not sure if it needs to be updated. BTW I have a fully restored with new caps and mcwill screen. I can play gg games with no issues.

--- End quote ---
You can't play SMS games because of the model of the Game Gear you are using is not compatible. It is a motherboard compatibillity issue.
I own 3 Game Gear consoles and on 2 consoles SMS games are playing fine. On 1 console though i have the same problem as yours. So there is no solution out there. I bet that you can't also play the Castle of illusion game (Game Gear Version). I own the original cartridge of that game and is not playable on the console that i have that problem. On the other 2 consoles is playable. I also have installed McWill screen.
So forgot the SMS games.
Sorry...

nuu:
What are these motherboard compatibility issues? Isn't it that the Game Gear is missing the BIOS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version