Author Topic: FXPak Pro Buzzing Sound on 1Chip-03  (Read 807 times)

Offline amang

• View Profile
FXPak Pro Buzzing Sound on 1Chip-03
« on: February 05, 2021, 10:14 AM »
Hi there, I recently bought an official FXPak Pro from Everdrive.me. I have a Super Famicom 1Chip-03 Japanese version. Whenever I launched my FXPak Pro cartridge, there is a humming or buzzing audio sound, both on the menu interface and during gameplay. Initially, I thought there could be audio interference so I swapped the AV cable with an Packapunch AV cable. However, this issue still persists: the buzzing sound is still there. The sound in the gameplay is even worse because it is mixed with the buzzing sound with occasional cracking sound, especially on high bass tune. FYI, I am using the latest firmware version for my FXPak. The buzzing sound does not exist if I use an original game cartridge.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:18 AM by amang »

Offline BarbieOnWeed

• View Profile
Re: FXPak Pro Buzzing Sound on 1Chip-03
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 06:19 PM »
Try another PSU.

Offline Uliner

• View Profile
Re: FXPak Pro Buzzing Sound on 1Chip-03
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 10:20 PM »
I had this audio buzzing issue on my SD2SNES.  I'd follow BarbieOnWeed's advice and swap your PSU.  If you're using original hardware, see if you can find a replacement at a used games shop locally.

If my case, I'm using an Analogue Super NT when I came across this issue.  I had the Super NT plugged into a USB port on my power bar to save an outlet for something else.  When I swapped to the USB PSU that came with the console, the audio buzzing ceased.

Hope this helps and good luck.