Author Topic: SD2SNES and in game anti piracy measures?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
SD2SNES and in game anti piracy measures?
« on: August 22, 2019, 03:11 AM »
it's need ages since i played my SD2SNES and i'm going to update to latest firmware and play some classics but planning on playing some of these things got me thinking.
 does SD2SNES on latest firmware bypass all in game anti piracy for all known games which these measures?
 i used to have a lot of old cracked roms which i'm sure i have backed up somewhere but since moving to the no intro set a number of years ago i have not given much thought to how clean unmodified versions of these roms will react on a modern flash cart like SD2SNES anti piracy wise.
 Earthbound DKC 2 and 3 and some other games could be present issues if SD2SNES does not tackle the anti piracy measures.
 any info would be great :)

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES and in game anti piracy measures?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Clean, unmodified roms work fine, even for things like Earthbound. You could actually look up Earthbound on this forum; there was one thread a month or two ago where someone thought there were issues with too many crows, but it turned out to just be bad RNG and not a copy protection issue.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
 i came across the earthbound thread after making this one.
 so by clean unmodified roms i gather any from the no intro set are good. or is there a list of what rom crcs are the best to use for these games?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:48 PM by butfluffy »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 08:04 AM »
Yes, NoIntros are generally recommended. Unless of course you are trying to run a romhack and it requires some specific rom outside of no-intro sets.