General > EverDrive GBA

Everdrive X5 mini won't work on Gameboy Player?

(1/2) > >>

Arcade_Anima:
I just got a Everdrive X5 Mini and it will not work on my gameboy player but normal carts do work.  I'm using a GCLoader and booting it through GBI.  All I get is a white screen when i use the Everdrive X5.  The X5 does work in a standard GBA though.  Any help would be appreciated.

It's a Model 19, Rev.B, 20.02.2020

nuu:
I have the normal X5 not the mini and it works with the GBPlayer. I think the mini should work too or there is something wrong with your Everdrive.

Arcade_Anima:
Do you play using the GBI software through the GC Loader?

djbrad:
It works, I got one.

I use GBAOS-v1.15 on the everdrive x5 mini.

On the gamecube, I use swiss r1047 at the moment with gameboy interface gbi-20210206.

Sometimes, gameboy interface stays blank on first load. Just press reset on the gamecube then it will works.

If you load the official Game Boy Player Start-Up Disc (USA) (Rev 3) iso from swiss, what is the result?

It works for me everytime.

The instructions for the GC Loader are :

GC Loader with Swiss
Install the GC Loader.
Obtain an SDHC/SDXC Card (≥4 GB).
Format the SDHC/SDXC Card as FAT32.
Extract the main package to the root directory of the SDHC/SDXC Card. Do not extract to gbi-YYYYMMDD.
(Optional) Merge GBI/ from the extra package with GBI/ on the SDHC/SDXC Card.
Copy GCLoader/boot.iso from the Swiss release to the root directory of the SDHC/SDXC Card.
Important: GBI/, MCBACKUP/ and boot.iso must reside in the root directory.
Note: An SD Card Adapter is required for writing. Some features won't be available. exFAT is not supported.

Regards,

Brad

nuu:
Mine worked both with the official Start-Up Disc (the physical disc not ISO) and with GBI. It was many years ago I played it, so I haven't tried the latest version of GBI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version