Author Topic: [Guide] Pokemon Rom Hacks with Everdrive  (Read 25240 times)

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: [Guide] Pokemon Rom Hacks with Everdrive
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 03:52 AM »
um Fire Red doesent use RTC

Right, the Liquid Crystal Hack uses Fire Red but RTC has been added by the creators.

Many new Hacks based on Fire Red have started to use a RTC system by the creators but for some strange reason except Pokemon Liquid Crystal of course the RTC in some of them can't be used on the Everdrive GBA while it works great with VBA. I really hope that Krikzz looks into this problem...

then thats just retarded of the creators end when the game never had RTC to begin with and Krikzz will not look into it

Offline xpyred

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 12:53 AM »
Hey all. New here so please don't kill me for this question.
I just received my Ever Drive X5 GBA in the mail. I purchased it from Stone Age Gamer. Anyhow, in the time i was waiting for the game to arrive, i decided to edit my Pokemon Yellow rom to have all 151 pokemon available to capture without the need for trading. The rom works fine on my PC and saves fine as well. Problem is when i start the game on the ever drive, save and then turn it off to play later, the game does not save at all. What am i doing wrong?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 03:57 AM »
I just received my Ever Drive X5 GBA in the mail. I purchased it from Stone Age Gamer. Anyhow, in the time i was waiting for the game to arrive, i decided to edit my Pokemon Yellow rom to have all 151 pokemon available to capture without the need for trading. The rom works fine on my PC and saves fine as well. Problem is when i start the game on the ever drive, save and then turn it off to play later, the game does not save at all. What am i doing wrong?

Goomba's operation has nothing to do with a GBA flashcart

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 09:45 AM »
are you saving in game or are you using savestates?
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline EmperorOfTigers

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 09:47 PM »
I can't seem to get Pokémon Sweets or the second Sweets games to load at all. Any advice? I've tried the header thing.

Offline Razorleafattack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Hey my brother just got me into Pokémon Ultra Violet and naturally I wanted to play on real hardware. Not sure what I’m doing wrong though – what should the rom settings be? I have tried basically every combo. I can confirm that the game is saving by doing a soft reset of the GBA, where the save file is visible, but after shutting it off, it seems to lose the save, making me restart each time.

If anyone here has this game working on their GBA Everdrive, I’d love to know your settings. Thanks!

Offline cryptic-crusader89

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 11:49 PM »
GB, GBC require the Goomba emulator. I've experienced incompatibility. see https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Goomba_Color_Compatibility_List

The GBA Everdrive doesn't support GB and GBC out of the box. Your best bet is to try using a GB everdrive to run rom hacks at your own risk.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 11:52 PM by cryptic-crusader89 »

Offline Razorleafattack

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 02:24 AM »
Ultra Violet is a rom hack of Fire Red. Turns out the problem was just needing to replace my battery.

Offline lopenator

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2021, 05:03 PM »
I just started Pokemon Unbound. I was having issues with the RTC. As advised above, I went into Boktai and set the date and the time in there. Sure enough now Unbound works. This should be a setting in the ED settings.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 01:04 AM »
I just started Pokemon Unbound. I was having issues with the RTC. As advised above, I went into Boktai and set the date and the time in there. Sure enough now Unbound works. This should be a setting in the ED settings.

Oh u mean like the EZ-Flash Omega and Omega Definative Edition well thats never going to happen

Offline lopenator

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Why not?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Why not?

Because he does not need it