Author Topic: Disable Run Last Game  (Read 637 times)

Offline mario64

• View Profile
Disable Run Last Game
« on: September 03, 2021, 03:45 AM »
Anyone know if it’s possible to disable the Run Last Game feature? I just got a Tribute64 wireless controller and unfortunately it requires pressing Start to sync so it’s impossible to power up the n64 and go straight to the Everdrive menu. You first have to press Start then Reset. Thank you

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
Re: Disable Run Last Game
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Remove the sd card from the n64 and put it into your computer, then delete or rename the autoexec rom file.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 04:11 PM »
Remove the sd card from the n64 and put it into your computer, then delete or rename the autoexec rom file.
Thanks but there is no autoexec.rom file on my SD card anywhere.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 08:40 PM »
Then it sounds like you are not using an official menu and ED64...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 09:14 PM »
I certainly am. Purchased from Krikzz and using OS 3.06

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 09:50 PM »
I believe you are misunderstanding the issue. I am not trying to autoload a game. This is what autoexec.v64 is used for per the release notes
"OS will automatically boot autautoexec.v64 if such file found in ED64 folder"

The problem is that pressing Start from the ED64 menu automatically loads the last played game. I want to disable this because you have to press Start to get the Brawler64 to sync. This means it always loads the last played game then I have to press Reset to get back to the ED64 menu.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 08:42 PM »
Sorry, yes, I misunderstood. There is no way to disable the last run game by pressing start in the official os.  I will think about adding the option to my unofficial os though, but would only work with the V3 and below. As a work around, you should be able to sync and then reset to menu...

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 09:30 PM »
Sorry, yes, I misunderstood. There is no way to disable the last run game by pressing start in the official os.  I will think about adding the option to my unofficial os though, but would only work with the V3 and below. As a work around, you should be able to sync and then reset to menu...
That would be awesome! I’m using v3 😊

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 09:58 PM »
Contact via DM for a test OS...

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 05:19 AM »
Just press start on the Brawler64 before you start the system. I have had no issues with my unit with autoloading the last game played.

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Just press start on the Brawler64 before you start the system. I have had no issues with my unit with autoloading the last game played.
Thank you for this. I never thought to press Start prior to powering on the console but the sync light actually comes on even before the menu loads. A bit klugy but definitely better than a game auto loading then having to press Reset. If these companies were smart they wouldn’t limit controller sync to just the Start button. Any button press should initiate it IMO.