Poll

Have you tried this OS (V2.12.5)

No, I dont plan to, my current os does everything I need...
0 (0%)
No, I am waiting for an official version from Krikzz
0 (0%)
Yes, it works great and I am on H.W. V2
0 (0%)
Yes, it works great and I am on H.W V2.5
0 (0%)
Yes it works great and I am on H.W V3.0
0 (0%)
No it doesn't work properly (please leave a comment for why)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 22, 2018, 10:14 PM

Author Topic: Unofficial-Official ED64 OS  (Read 24621 times)

Offline supersign

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial-Official ED64 OS
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2021, 04:47 PM »
Here's some 2.12.9 pics! The background wallpaper is a custom 640x240 BMP one I made.

Everything works OK so far. I like the blue-ish text, but I think the folder & file colors are too similar to each other. Good work though.

For some reason, the 320x240 option gives me an interlaced (480i) image rather then a progressive image. It's been like that for a while and wondering if there's going to be a fix for it. 640x240 gives out a progressive image correctly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:02 PM by supersign »

Offline Trevor

• Goldfinger64 Dev Location:UK
  • Everdrive64 v2 (PAL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2021, 01:38 PM »
finally got time to test the OS and its very nice although I too have the same "issue" with the text colour, the difference is too subtle.
I also like the addition of another resolution option to make 240p people happy (Though I still prefer the 480i :) )

One bug is the About page instead does diagnostics and when it returns, the cursor of over the diagnostics option as if I had actually pressed that.
This happens every time.

I like the expanded N64 Info (Expansion pak detection etc)
I havnt been able to test controller pak yet.

I just had a thought and might as well ask, would it be possible to have a kind of screensaver? Could the DD ipl rom be used? (Mario running round the N)

Keep up the good work,
Trev

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2021, 08:20 PM »
finally got time to test the OS and its very nice although I too have the same "issue" with the text colour, the difference is too subtle.
I also like the addition of another resolution option to make 240p people happy (Though I still prefer the 480i :) )

I have some more improvements regarding resolution in the next release, but it is proving hard to get right...
Feel free to recommend some hex colours (single byte per colour only) and I will be sure to try them in the next preview...

One bug is the About page instead does diagnostics and when it returns, the cursor of over the diagnostics option as if I had actually pressed that.
This happens every time.

Interesting... I am guessing you have a V2 or V2.5 cart?! I added a unit test so that I could ensure that worked... but perhaps I missed something!

(Or perhaps you are using a preview, rather than the latest release version???)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:03 PM by jonesalmighty »
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2021, 09:10 PM »
I also agree that the folder and file text colors (while different shades of blue which I love) still kinda appear similar to each other from a distance, especially when viewed on my CRT. Maybe the folder text color could be changed to a darker blue to help make it stand out better?

As for the About page bug that Trevor reported, I'm assuming that it's a bug that occurs on V2 / V2.5 flashcarts? For me, it's working correctly on my V3.
That suggestion with the 64DD IPL ROM screensaver is an awesome idea, though unsure how difficult it would be to actually implement something like that to work alongside the EverDrive 64 menu. Low Poly screensavers in general would be amazing to witness everytime when booting up the ED64. At the moment, it is something I tend to dream about.
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."

Offline Trevor

• Goldfinger64 Dev Location:UK
  • Everdrive64 v2 (PAL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2021, 03:13 AM »
correct on both counts, its a v2 and I was using the latest preview on the first page (x.9)

oh wait, x.9 isnt preview, oh well :P

Trev

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2021, 11:12 AM »
There was previews for that release, but they have been removed. Please give the release version a try and report back...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2021, 02:33 AM »

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2021, 09:45 PM »
I tried V2.12.10.preview today and unfortunately it's giving me the same issue with v2.13 which screws up my ED menu options to have only three settings instead of 11 or so. I can't change resolution, turn on cheats or patch, etc.
The official 2.13 doesn't work correctly for me due to an apparent hardware fault with my EDv3 cart.

v2.12.9.1 works as intended though.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2021, 12:22 PM »
Yes, 2.12.10 preview has some known issues, which I am still working to address. I released 2.12.9.1 after as wanted to release the pixelfx feature.