Author Topic: New ED64 3.04 questions  (Read 2919 times)

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
New ED64 3.04 questions
« on: September 11, 2020, 12:32 AM »
Hello Krikzz,

First off, thank you for still caring about improving the ED64 even though there are no compatibility or major issues, you rock!

Your change lists are very technical and when taken out of context it can get confusing for non-technicals like me. Could you please help me understand the following changes?

6) OS will automatically boot autautoexec.v64 if such file found in ED64 folder ===> what is this and what does it do?
5) System files structure changed  ===> same here, no idea of the benefit?

Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. H - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer - AVS

Offline CrashOveride

• View Profile
Re: New ED64 3.04 questions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 12:50 AM »
6) OS will automatically boot autautoexec.v64 if such file found in ED64 folder ===> what is this and what does it do?

I presume this means that if there is a ROM named autoexec.v64 in the ED64 folder in sd card it will be booted automatically when you turn on the ED64

He means that the folder structure in the ED64 folder was changed:
2.x OS:

3.x OS:

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 01:12 AM »

I presume this means that if there is a ROM named autoexec.v64 in the ED64 folder in sd card it will be booted automatically when you turn on the ED64

He means that the folder structure in the ED64 folder was changed:
2.x OS:

3.x OS:

Thanks!
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. H - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer - AVS

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 02:16 AM »
OS-V3.04 10.09.2020
1) Saves management changes*
2) Included supports for EverDrive-V3 and V2.5
3) save_db.txt supports settings for RTC and game region. Description inside of file
4) Deleting files via cartridge menu
5) System files structure changed
6) OS will automatically boot autautoexec.v64 if such file found in ED64 folder
7) Fixed problem with Densha de Go! translation
8) Compatibility for Conker BFD and Perfect Dark encrypted prototypes

*System will move save data from battery ram to SD card every time when cartridge boots to menu (instead of moving when game changed).
It makes save system more clear and prevent lost of data for last played game if battery dry out.
No.2, though. Nice. just noticed this now. Everything seems present & correct on my v3 so far.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 02:54 AM by supersign »

Offline skankcore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Does OS 3.04 not support auto loading of CPak backups? I can save them just fine but can't find a way to load or turn on the auto-backup and loading feature from 2.13

I'll be downgrading back to 2.13 for now as my CPak battery is long dead and I have no way to desolder it and replace it right now, the auto-backup/loading feature was a life saver in this situation.