Author Topic: Ultra EverDrive 64 v3 versus EverDrive 64 X7?  (Read 979 times)

Offline sofakng

• View Profile
Ultra EverDrive 64 v3 versus EverDrive 64 X7?
« on: July 10, 2020, 04:52 AM »
Hey guys ... I've purchased an "Ultra EverDrive64 v3" from StoneAgeGamer a few years ago and I see there is a newer/different "EverDrive 64 X7".

Can anybody tell me the differences?  I'm wondering if I should upgrade?

Offline grifaz

• View Profile
Re: Ultra EverDrive 64 v3 versus EverDrive 64 X7?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Hey guys ... I've purchased an "Ultra EverDrive64 v3" from StoneAgeGamer a few years ago and I see there is a newer/different "EverDrive 64 X7".

Can anybody tell me the differences?  I'm wondering if I should upgrade?

Hey there!
The most significant differences would be:
- Cosmetic changes (the cartridge looks and feels different, the labels and plastic have a new finish)
- the SD card slot has moved to the side and now uses the microSD form factor instead of SD(HC/XC) cards
- the USB connector has moved to the opposite side and is now micro USB as opposed to the mini USB connector of the v3
- on a technical level, the CIC chip has been upgraded to III with automatic region detection. There is no physical switch anymore but region switching is being handled on a software basis
- the internal FPGA has been upgraded from an Altera Cyclone II to IV. Speeds and compatibility were reported to stay the same.

Everything else stays the same afaik. Automatic saving, IPS/APS auto patching, Gameshark code support, real-time clock support, all the good stuff.