Author Topic: Looking to get a Everdrive this weekend. Question about compatibility.  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Owlmus

• View Profile
I read that 2.5 doesnt work with RTC games, which doesn't matter to me. But does it have compatibility issues with the rare games or pokemon stadium 2 still? The ones that are sold on everdrive.me the newer models. thanks in advance for asking. i have a fat GBA X5

Offline grifaz

• View Profile
Are you sure you're posting in the correct sub-forum? The GBA X5 is Krikzz' flashcart for the Game Boy Advance. The ED64 v2.5 has been manufactured for the Nintendo 64.

That said, if you are looking for the 64 compatibility, check out this review on GBAtemp, the section "V2.5 and v3.0 Differences/Game Compatibility" should describe exactly what you are looking for:

https://gbatemp.net/review/everdrive-64-v2-5.1108/

Offline Owlmus

• View Profile
Yes I want to know if the 2.5 has compatibility issues with those games

Offline Owlmus

• View Profile
I want to know if Pokemon Stadium 2 still has a problem

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
I want to know if Pokemon Stadium 2 still has a problem
Pokemon Stadium 2 on Everdrive 64 2.5?
YES, it still has some minor graphical errors.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline nuu

• View Profile
There is an up-to-date compatibility sticky thread in this forum:
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=147.0

The problem with Pokemon Stadium: Gold & Silver is a hardware problem that never can be fixed on the old Everdrives unless you add more memory to it somehow.

if you are looking for the 64 compatibility, check out this review on GBAtemp, the section "V2.5 and v3.0 Differences/Game Compatibility" should describe exactly what you are looking for:

https://gbatemp.net/review/everdrive-64-v2-5.1108/
The list seems incomplete and is missing games like Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini (they seem to be mentioned earlier in the review though).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:06 PM by nuu »

Offline Owlmus

• View Profile
What about loading rom hacks like the VPW Freem edition to 2.5 it says you need to edit this file save_db.txt. My question is when you first download this file does it have the ways to save all the games and you just copy and paste the codes from the post at the end of the text? Why does it say clear out the text wouldnt that remove the way to save the other games?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
What other games do you have in your save_db? You don't have to clear them out, just add the ones you want. The syntax is:
Code: [Select]
[name]=[type] [comment]
Where [name] is the ID or the CRC high of the game, [type] is the save type you want to force to the game (0 to 5), and [comment] is any text you want to describe the entry. You probably want to write the name of the game in [comment] and possibly any other info.

The list has all the known games that needs to be forced to use another save type than they do by default, so if you should be able to just copy and paste it, but you can clean it up and use more consistent spacing to make it more readable. Note that some of the comments in that thread are currently wrong though. "A2=3" is not "Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 English translation by S.K. Stylez", it should just be "Virtual Pro Wrestling 2". I told Kerr Avon about it, but he has yet to fix it.

Offline Owlmus

• View Profile
so the vpw2 youre referring to is the japanese one?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Yes the original version and the translation by S.K. Stylez, since his translation doesn't change the ID (unlike Freem's translation).