Author Topic: Two questions about TE V2.5  (Read 1589 times)

Offline jjuaki

• View Profile
Two questions about TE V2.5
« on: April 07, 2021, 10:57 AM »
Hi,

I recently received my Turbo Everdrive v2.5 for use in a jap PCE Duo-R (with RGB mod). I have two questions:

1 - When I connect the PCE I get a purple (or yellow) frozen screen. I have read that it can happen. Most of the time, when I hit the TE switch a couple of times I get it to start. Also, if I reset, the colored screen reappears and I have to repeat the process to return to the menu.

Is there a way to avoid having to press the switch each time to make it work?

2- Every time I try to load the Street Fighter 2 rom it seems to work but the graphics are a mess (glitches everywhere xD). This rom is supposed to work fine on TE v2. What could be the problem? I have tried three different versions of the same rom with the same result.

Thank you very much!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Two questions about TE V2.5
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:41 AM »
1. It's not normal to have to reset. Normally it should work the first time.

2. The RGB mod could be a problem. The ROM could also be a problem. I don't know if no-intro ROMs are flawless for PC-Engine.

Offline jjuaki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 12:36 PM »
Thanks for your answer.

The first question is the one that worries me the most, can it be a problem with my TE?
If I try to boot without Micro SD or without OS, I always see a warning screen which seems to be fine. The error appears when I boot with the TEOS on the Micro SD, I have tried two different cards and different OS with the same result.

I have no problems if I try with a Hu Card.

Thanks again.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:41 AM »
I don't really know but it could probably be the TED or the RGB mod. TED doesn't have perfect timing as it is and RGB mods have a tendency to mess with bus timings, which is problematic for the TED but not for normal Hucards. Is the RGB mod you used known to usually work with the TED?

Offline jjuaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 01:21 PM »
I don't really know but it could probably be the TED or the RGB mod. TED doesn't have perfect timing as it is and RGB mods have a tendency to mess with bus timings, which is problematic for the TED but not for normal Hucards. Is the RGB mod you used known to usually work with the TED?

The truth is that I bought the PCE with the mod a couple of years ago. I could not say what kind of RGB mod it has. Based on what you say, I think that's the problem, the RGB mod  :-\
I guess there is no choice but to reset every time I start TE.
Thanks!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 11:42 AM »
You might want to check with Krikzz as he will probably be able to tell if it's the RGB mod or something else. There is a contact form on the main page.