General > Mega EverDrive

Mega EverDrive Pro: Game Genie Cheats Description? / In-Game Menu XYZ mapping?

(1/1)

GameX:
Hello!

Just got my first Everdrive, MegaEverdrive Pro, mostly for use with my new Sega Nomad - Loving it so far, great work!! =)

Was wondering, any way to save GameGenie cheats descriptions in the TXT file or something?  Like Sonic 2 All 7 Chaos Emeralds I could easilly type the code in, but there's no field to enter the description (hoping to save a list of codes for later use, so that I don't have to type them all on every boot...), unless I missed it?  So if I have a list of 10 codes, I must remember which code is which...? =/

Additionally, was hoping to use the X-Y-Z buttons (But mostly MODE) to pop the in-game menu, but only A-B-C-Start-DPad are supported.  Seems like a bummer as Mode or even XYZ are barely used at all and could benefit from this, idk.  Hardware limitation?

Cheers, appreciated,

nuu:
Can't be a hardware limitation. Even MODE is a perfectly normal readable button. Probably an arbitrary decision since these buttons are not always available. Some games even requires a normal 3-button controller.

GameX:

--- Quote from: nuu on September 22, 2021, 09:09 AM ---Can't be a hardware limitation. Even MODE is a perfectly normal readable button. Probably an arbitrary decision since these buttons are not always available. Some games even requires a normal 3-button controller.

--- End quote ---

That's what I was thinking as well although I didn't wanted to truly believe it (Again, could be, idk).  Both features seems easy to implement if they are innexistant but it would be cool =)
So little games use the Mode button in the first place (In-game, they do exists so it seems possible?) so sound like a cool idea for the menu I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version