General > Off Topic

Does everyone have to fill out the captcha and console dates for posting?

(1/1)

retro486:
So every time I post or even modify a post I have to fill out a captcha and answer 3 console related questions that I usually have to keep looking up. Is that the same for everyone? Did I miss a step in registration?

Richardragon87:

--- Quote from: retro486 on December 11, 2020, 07:15 PM ---So every time I post or even modify a post I have to fill out a captcha and answer 3 console related questions that I usually have to keep looking up. Is that the same for everyone? Did I miss a step in registration?

--- End quote ---

If that's true I will ABSOLUTELY not upload my future Snesadvance project here as it will be a nightmare to keep a topic updated with the latest games which will be made playable on a GBA if I had to do that every single time, it was labour enough to check each rom with different settings than to do that. The Epforum didn't have that issue but I never edited my posts to notice if it does that too.

nuu:

--- Quote from: retro486 on December 11, 2020, 07:15 PM ---So every time I post or even modify a post I have to fill out a captcha and answer 3 console related questions that I usually have to keep looking up. Is that the same for everyone? Did I miss a step in registration?

--- End quote ---
It's only for new members. It will go away after you have been here for a while. I don't even remember that I had to do that.
It's annoying but lately there are so many spammers posting advertisements and other crap so some kind of protection is needed.

retro486:

--- Quote from: nuu on December 12, 2020, 02:37 PM ---It's only for new members. It will go away after you have been here for a while. I don't even remember that I had to do that.
It's annoying but lately there are so many spammers posting advertisements and other crap so some kind of protection is needed.

--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks! Luckily my auto-complete has caught up so it's not as bad but I'll be glad when it's finally decided I'm not a bot.  :)

picopa88:
The questions and captchas are identical to the authentication system when registering in the forum so I don't see that it takes much time, and I think this is also necessary to protect the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version