Author Topic: snes controller rquest  (Read 3333 times)

Offline snstay

• View Profile
snes controller rquest
« on: September 11, 2016, 12:19 AM »
Is it possible to map the A button to the Y button on the snes controller? Just feels more comfortable that way to me.
Thanks

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
Re: snes controller rquest
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:25 AM »
this is the wrong thread, try the super everdrive.
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 01:06 AM »
Wrong forum or not, there were a couple of SNES emulators that ran on the GBA which supported a SNES controller hooked up through the link port.

Offline snstay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 02:24 AM »
No I'm using the everdrive gba on a retro advance. So I'm using a snes controller of course so I would like the buttons remapped.

Offline CLE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 07:15 AM »
I think unfortunately this is not possible by Everdrive GBA because involves a matter of hardware. Super Retro Advance, mapped the SNES control buttons according to the GBA.
I also think more comfortable to play using the Y and B buttons, so I took a SNES joystick and I changed the mapping of the buttons with solder. The B button is now the Y and the A button is now the B button. Worth doing it.

Now something that would be cool to do in Super Retro Advance and maybe possible in Everdrive GBA, would be put the original GBA Intro Bio before the games begin, because the Super Retro Advance features a white screen instead of the GBA Bio Intro.
Besides being more beautiful GBA Bio, would open the possibility of using the cable link to some games that need to stop this intro (press Start + Select together), taking into account that the white screen this function don't is possible.