Author Topic: SMS roms with Mega Everdrive Pro on Mega Sg  (Read 3399 times)

Offline infinitum8t

• View Profile
Re: SMS roms with Mega Everdrive Pro on Mega Sg
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2021, 04:28 AM »
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

I followed your instructions 1-3, and 4-5. I also tried with the SMS BIOS feature on MEDP turned OFF.
Same result. The power button quickly flashes red and returns to the normal LED selection, leading to a black screen. Then I either have to turn the system off, or Run the Cartridge.

There was an interesting development I've never seen before when selecting various BIOS files. I selected a BIOS and Master System screen popped up with 3 steps stating for me to turn off my Sega Master System, insert a cartridge, then turn it back on.

Any idea what size the BIOS file should be, if it's 8 kb or 128 kb?
Any suggestion which Master System BIOS I should use? I must have a dozen or more. I believe I've tried many of them.

Of note, I found that the Core Options selections were different 2 points. One is when I Run the Cartridge and enter the Mega Sg menu. The other is during Step 1 as you directed.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: SMS roms with Mega Everdrive Pro on Mega Sg
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2021, 02:44 PM »
SMS BIOS are between 8 and 256kB depending on if they have a built-in game or not and the size of that game, I believe any size should work. On a real SMS the non-Japanese BIOS locks out Japanese games while Japanese BIOS should play any game (for compatibility with the Mark III and SG-1000 which lacks a BIOS).

I suggest to try the no-intro dump called "[BIOS] Sega Master System (Japan) (v2.1).sms" (8kB with no built-in game).
If you have a non-Japanese game that requires another BIOS for some reason, try "[BIOS] Sega Master System (USA, Europe) (v1.3).sms" (8kB with Snail Maze).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:11 PM by nuu »