Author Topic: Famiclone "HD Retro Super Console C-56B" 121-in-1 HDMI : make it compatible with  (Read 466 times)

Offline sonicbot

• View Profile
Good evening everyone,

I bought a Famiclone "HD Retro Super Console C-56B" 121-in-1 HDMI.

It is not (as it seems to be the case of Onebus Famiclones with built-in games) not compatible with my Everdrive N8 Famicom, and I also saw a video of a person testing an Everdrive N8 Nes with 60> 72 adapter. pins on this console, and that didn't work either.

Also, do you have any idea what electronic modification I could make to make thi Famiclone console compatible with Everdrive?

For information, you can see the PCBs of this console as an attachment to my post.

Thanking you in advance for your answers.

Offline sonicbot

• View Profile

Offline Nemok

• View Profile
There's probably not much you can do about it, because incompatibilities are often due to a lack of accuracy compared to original hardware. Small inacurracies might be mitigated through software updates.

Offline hypercoyote

• View Profile
There's probably not much you can do about it, because incompatibilities are often due to a lack of accuracy compared to original hardware. Small inacurracies might be mitigated through software updates.

Right.  These hardware 'clones' are often just emulation, as it would be very difficult and expensive to reproduce the original chipsets to truly run it all via hardware.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
This looks like a NOAC though, so there is probably no emulation here, but it's still an inaccurate clone. Famiclones are hit and miss with flashcarts.

Offline sonicbot

• View Profile
Thank you for your answers. In fact, what I find strange is that Famiclones WITHOUT built-in (even cheaps) games seem compatible with Everdrive N8, but not WITH built-in games.  :-\

Do you think from the sight of my photos that it is possible to disable the built-in games by cutting a pin somewhere on the motherboard?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:29 PM by sonicbot »

Offline Nemok

• View Profile
The built-in games should be stored in the IC you can see on the left of the third picture. I fear that if you alter the traces to it, the console will no longer work correctly, and the everdrive compatibility will be the least of your problems.