Author Topic: Game Boy OS  (Read 5909 times)

Offline Jmbarnes101

• View Profile
Game Boy OS
« on: November 15, 2014, 04:08 PM »
I just recently got the Game Boy ED and I checked on the main Game Boy page and clicked on downloads and nothing showed up but is their an OS I need to put on the flash card? Or a folder of some sort for saves? Every other ED has an OS and other files that need to be downloaded, I found the NES ones just fine, so I find it odd that their aren't any for the Game Boy. Are they built in or do I need to look elsewhere? How does saving work?

Thank you.

Offline Jmbarnes101

• View Profile
Re: Game Boy OS
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Never mind the question regarding the OS. Apparently their isn't a file to download.

Offline Erizisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 07:11 PM »
If you're still wondering about how saves work, it'll happen automatically.  After the first time you play a game that saves, the next time you change to another game, there will be a SAVE folder created on the SD card, with the save from the previous game inside.

Offline Jmbarnes101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Thank you for the information. I tried it and it worked great, other then it ate through two AA batteries quickly on the GBA I was playing it on. I'm going to grab a GBA SP AGS-101 sometime soon or I'll have to invest in some rechargeable batteries for it.

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:59 AM »
I am scared of what will happen if the Batterie runs out so quickly, while loading a Gameboy (GBC) game? I hope the Everdrive will not brick?
On my GB Boy Color the Batterie LED doesn't get weaker, it just turns off all over sudden.

Offline justinwebb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 04:20 PM »
no

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Are you sure? I always thought it could brick.. Can someone explain why?

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
Game Boy OS
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Without knowing I guess the os in one data bank and the game loaded is in another. Meaning that if any game loading goes wrong, you will just restart the gameboy and try loading the game again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD