Author Topic: SD2SNES Resellers Versus Krikzz  (Read 11763 times)

Offline millerwjr

• View Profile
SD2SNES Resellers Versus Krikzz
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Hey there!

I'm looking at purchasing an SD2SNES soon and noticed there are a ton of resellers out there, all of whom have marked up the price from Krikzz' site. Is there some advantage I'm missing in choosing these resellers over Krikzz?

Thank in advance!

- M

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Resellers Versus Krikzz
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Nope, just buy from the official store
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline flatapex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 06:47 PM »
for some people it is easier to buy in their home country.  I am lucky as I am from the UK, we have resellers but Krikkz charges a lot less than them (and they did not have the items in stock, I believe Krikkz builds to order) plus the shipping isn't a huge wait time.

I was able to pay Krikkz via paypal (uk dealers didn't allow this), I was able to buy a snes everdrive with enhancement chips (again, not available in the UK), and shipping from Ukraine to UK would not be an insanely long time either (it can vary, but all international shipping can, sent items to the the states and some took 1 week, some took 7)

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 11:28 PM »
I bought mine from Stoneagegamer.com which is a reseller based right in my home state of Ohio in US so it was fast and quick for me to get mine. They are a bit more expensive than Krikzz but that's only if you get the deluxe package which offers a case, a manual, and a custom paint job. Not really worth it unless you just want it to look nice. They do offer a regular one which doesn't come with all that and is cheaper.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline millerwjr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Awesome - thank you for the replies!

- M

Offline wkupike2000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 11:41 PM »
I bought mine from Stoneagegamer.com which is a reseller based right in my home state of Ohio in US so it was fast and quick for me to get mine. They are a bit more expensive than Krikzz but that's only if you get the deluxe package which offers a case, a manual, and a custom paint job. Not really worth it unless you just want it to look nice. They do offer a regular one which doesn't come with all that and is cheaper.
This may sound dumb but want to ask before plopping down $200 and possibly waiting 20 days to get it from overseas. Can you take the board only from Stoneagegamer and insert into any old SNES cart/shell fairly easily? Also, is there any difference at all in the what you're getting(internal specs) when ordering from them instead of Krikzz? I ordered my N8 from him and would love to go direct again but being in KY I could get it super quick from Stoneagegamer. Thanks!

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 03:49 PM »
This may sound dumb but want to ask before plopping down $200 and possibly waiting 20 days to get it from overseas. Can you take the board only from Stoneagegamer and insert into any old SNES cart/shell fairly easily? Also, is there any difference at all in the what you're getting(internal specs) when ordering from them instead of Krikzz? I ordered my N8 from him and would love to go direct again but being in KY I could get it super quick from Stoneagegamer. Thanks!
It shouldn't be too bad, but remember you'll have to cut holes at least for the SD card, and possibly the USB port and LEDs. To me, it's worth the extra $20 to get the cart - extra protection in shipping and it's probably better than what I'd do if I cut it myself :P

As far as what you get, it's possible you might get different revisions from different sellers, but from a consumer point of view, there is no difference in functionality between revisions - it only means some hardware components may be a bit different depending on available supply at the time of manufacturing.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline millerwjr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 03:55 AM »
Just wanted to mention: I did end up ordering from Krikzz directly (with cart) and just received it today, exactly 14 days after order.

So far so good! Now I just hafta find dsp1.bin and the other inclusion files somewhere floating in the ether....   :P

- M

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 02:22 AM »
StoneAgeGamer would be perfect to buy from if only their paint job on the carts wasn't so lame.

It easily scrapes off just by putting the cart in the SNES and taking it out.

Seems like a cheap spray paint job to be quite honest though they (if memory serves correct) claim its a vinyl type of paint.

Hell even just mildly handling the cart can cause the paint to flake away.

If they want to truly justify the price that they charge for their SD2SNES Deluxe Edition they should up the quality of their paint job and hire someone to sand the carts down a bit and then apply a fancy automotive paint to them like a person online who goes by the username "Custom Nes Guy" does to the various consoles that he mods in such ways. 

You apply that kind of paint its not going to flake away or come off unless you really are intent on scratching it off.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:24 AM by protheanbeacon »
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:31 AM »
StoneAgeGamer would be perfect to buy from if only their paint job on the carts wasn't so lame.

It easily scrapes off just by putting the cart in the SNES and taking it out.

Seems like a cheap spray paint job to be quite honest though they (if memory serves correct) claim its a vinyl type of paint.

Hell even just mildly handling the cart can cause the paint to flake away.

If they want to truly justify the price that they charge for their SD2SNES Deluxe Edition they should up the quality of their paint job and hire someone to sand the carts down a bit and then apply a fancy automotive paint to them like a person online who goes by the username "Custom Nes Guy" does to the various consoles that he mods in such ways. 

You apply that kind of paint its not going to flake away or come off unless you really are intent on scratching it off.

A while back, SAG posted a picture on their Facebook page of one of their employees spray painting a bunch of donor SNES carts for their Everdrives.  I don't remember the brand of paint, but it was supposed to be a pretty high quality brand name.  I've never ordered a deluxe edition from them out side of the Turbo Everdrive (which doesn't involve any painting).  So I cannot say one way or the other what the quality is like.

For the N8 and Everdrive 64 V3, I just ordered the boards by themselves.  I actually enjoy customizing the cart with the slot for the SD card and USB port.  I actually made two carts for each board.  One red painted one with a custom label from The Cover Project, and another standard grey cart with the label that Stone Age Gamer throws in for free.  I figured I could switch them out if I get bored with one or the other.  The Everdrive 64 V3 requires a lot more modification to the cart compared to the N8, but it's doable.   
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline inertia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 12:50 AM »
Hello all.
I'm looking to buy a SD2SNES too, but it seem to be out of stock on the site for some time now, how does this works? Is there some restock from time to time?
Is it made on order?
Same goes for the turbo everdrive v2 wich seem OOS for a long time.

Thanks for helping :)

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 04:05 AM »
Hello all.
I'm looking to buy a SD2SNES too, but it seem to be out of stock on the site for some time now, how does this works? Is there some restock from time to time?
Is it made on order?
Same goes for the turbo everdrive v2 wich seem OOS for a long time.

Thanks for helping :)
SD2SNES is available again now, but TED v2 will be unavailable until v2.3 is finished. There is no ETA for it yet, so just buy v1.0 if you can't wait.

Offline inertia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 09:57 PM »
ok, thank you for your answer :)