Author Topic: Sound issue when using Mega everdrive x3  (Read 2121 times)

Offline ever333

• View Profile
Sound issue when using Mega everdrive x3
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:10 AM »
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a everdrive x3 and was able to get it hooded on by following instructions. Nevertheless, most of the games were either without sound or sounded terrible. the x3 was played on a genesis 1 console. has any one experienced similar issues? any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
Re: Sound issue when using Mega everdrive x3
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:07 PM »
The Mega Everdrive X3 and X5 don't have any connection with the audio input on the cartridge slot. Test it with another console.

Offline ever333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 08:30 AM »
The Mega Everdrive X3 and X5 don't have any connection with the audio input on the cartridge slot. Test it with another console.
Thank you for the reply. I thought about compatibility issue; because all my other games were playing fine on the same console (NA model 1) which excluded the possibility of a defect of my console. I have ordered a model 2 genesis, and I will update on how things go.

Offline ever333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 03:03 AM »
After having tested as many games as possible on the genesis model 2, most games ran flawlessly. The x3 possibly does not compatible with my genesis 1. One thing I noticed is that  the cartridge itself was rather difficult to be inserted into the gen 1 slot; I had to force it down. On the other hand, the inserting into gen 2 was buttery smooth. could that be the cause?

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 05:12 AM »
It could be that your Genesis model 1 has a dirty/corroded cartridge connector or bad capacitors.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Assman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 03:40 PM »
After having tested as many games as possible on the genesis model 2, most games ran flawlessly. The x3 possibly does not compatible with my genesis 1. One thing I noticed is that  the cartridge itself was rather difficult to be inserted into the gen 1 slot; I had to force it down. On the other hand, the inserting into gen 2 was buttery smooth. could that be the cause?

I don't have an X3, but my MED V1 puts a death grip on my model 1 cart slot too. Other than, though, it works perfectly fine, so I'm sure it's unrelated.