Author Topic: X7/V2 not working on my Mega SG  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Wildman1024

• View Profile
X7/V2 not working on my Mega SG
« on: January 12, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I just recently purchased a SD2SNES and s Mega Everdrive X7/V2 for my Analogue systems.  The SD2SNES works great on my Super NT and plays everything I want it too.  I am having issues with the Mega Everdrive though.

I can only get it to play a few games.  Most when trying to start just sit at a black screen and never load.  Unsure what is going on or how to resolve this.

Offline Assman

• View Profile
Re: X7/V2 not working on my Mega SG
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 05:00 PM »
I can't help you with your specific issue, but you do know that there's "jailbreak" firmware for the Mega SG that lets you run games off the SD card, right? An Everdrive is a bit redundant if you have one of those.

Offline Wildman1024

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 11:38 PM »
I can't help you with your specific issue, but you do know that there's "jailbreak" firmware for the Mega SG that lets you run games off the SD card, right? An Everdrive is a bit redundant if you have one of those.

How do the jailbroken firmwares work?  Do you get all the updates and fixes from analogue?  The special chips work etc? 

Is there really no benefit to these at this point???

Offline Assman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 04:15 PM »
It's everything in the official firmware plus ROM loading from the SD card. As far as I understand it, the jailbreak firmware is essentially official but released in an unofficial way to keep things on the down-low. Check it out here.

I don't have the Mega SG myself, so I can't compare directly, but the only thing I can see an Everdrive possibly having over a Mega SG with the jailbreak firmware is being able to use it as a RAM cart for the Sega CD, but for all I know there might even be a workaround for that.

EDIT: Here's a discussion on the topic: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8797
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:19 PM by Assman »

Offline Lord Awesomesauce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 03:24 PM »
Of course, Virtua Racing won't work through the Mega Sg's jailbreak firmware, but most, if not all other games should, even games with mappers like Pier Solar. Plus the jailbreak can load Game Gear, Master System and even ColecoVision ROMs too.

Offline Wildman1024

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 02:08 AM »
Of course, Virtua Racing won't work through the Mega Sg's jailbreak firmware, but most, if not all other games should, even games with mappers like Pier Solar. Plus the jailbreak can load Game Gear, Master System and even ColecoVision ROMs too.

OK cool, thanks.

But back to the original question.  Since I know own the X7,  how d I make it work???