Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The PC Engine, Sega consoles, N64 and GBA doesn't have the above problems on the same scale. That's why flashcarts with very good compatibility are much easier to make for these consoles.

I have been thinking of this for a long time but I finally came to a conclusion the reason why NES and SNES are really hard to replicate on the real hardware... this reason being is they are both disk based systems despite them still being cartages like N64 and GBA if we look into their history one was going to be joint developed by NEC being the FDS which is why the NES used disk based games, I wouldn't be surprised if the NES games themselves had some replication of how they were running despite them being on a cartage and the SNES was originally going to be a CD based system too and not a cartage as it was going to be joint developed by Sony if I recall so likely some decrypted features are still embedded into those platforms which is why its so hard to run most of them. 
EverDrive 64 / Re: Odd behavior with save_db.txt (ED64 V3)
« Last post by IRL Random Hajile on Today at 12:38 AM »
Looking at the internal save database, it is definitely set to "EEPROM4K", and there is no conflict with the ROM CRC that you have mentioned. I am wondering if the patched version is using the correct ROM ID (i.e. still "AB")?!

Feel free to DM me the ROM(s) and your Save_db if you want me to check the same on my console...
The patched version also uses the same ROM ID "AB". That part hasn't changed during the patching process. I can send you my own personal save_db.txt through DM to see what the heck is going on here because this just isn't making any sense.
Just to clarify, this behavior is happening on both the original unpatched ROM (No-Intro), and PAL to NTSC patched ROM since both have the same exact ROM ID.
EverDrive GBA / Re: Why does Everdrive GBA need an emu for GB and GBC?
« Last post by James Cree on May 08, 2021, 11:52 PM »
Hi everyone. I’m enjoying my new Everdrive GBA 5X. I’m curious, why is an emulator needed for GB and GBC games when the Gameboy Advance supports them natively? I notice a lot of the GBC roms don’t work well using the recommended emulator. Is there a way to play them from the Everdrive on GBA without an emu?  I understand I can buy the GB Everdrive but seems like that shouldn’t be necessary.

The GB/GBC mode of the GBA is triggered by a physical switch in the cartridge slot. GB/GBC cartridges press this switch but GBA carts don't.

This activates the GB/GBC mode on boot and changes the cartridge voltage from 3.3v (for GBA carts) to 5v (for GB)

It is not possible to run the GBA in GB/GBC mode with the GBA everdrive.
You're stuck with emulators or using the GB everdrive.
Mega EverDrive / Re: Request for MD+ sound patches.
« Last post by jerrymh on May 08, 2021, 11:23 PM »
Is sad that Krikzz do not wanto make support for MD+, but the MegaSD developers says tha if MSU becomes mor popular, they would be willing to support the MSU format.

I don't know where you got that from, but the MegaSD already supports MSU-MD and always has.

Ho I see, apparently I made a bad purchase, I must have bought a Mega SD then from what you tell me it has much better characteristics. A pity that  do not want to implement the 2 formats in the megaever drive pro.

I think that the more features a product has, the more attractive it becomes to its users.

Well my request was that since there are MD + games that do not have their equivalent in the MSU format

Anyway, thank you very much for your comment, there were many things that I did not know. I should have found out before making the purchase.
FXPAK (SD2SNES) / Re: FXPakPro glitchy graphic
« Last post by lee4 on May 08, 2021, 11:07 PM »
main menu ->
configuration ->
in-game settings
try turn on "Reset patch for clock phase"
and try turn off "in-game hook"
EverDrive GBA / Why does Everdrive GBA need an emu for GB and GBC?
« Last post by DaveE on May 08, 2021, 10:23 PM »
Hi everyone. I’m enjoying my new Everdrive GBA 5X. I’m curious, why is an emulator needed for GB and GBC games when the Gameboy Advance supports them natively? I notice a lot of the GBC roms don’t work well using the recommended emulator. Is there a way to play them from the Everdrive on GBA without an emu?  I understand I can buy the GB Everdrive but seems like that shouldn’t be necessary.
FXPAK (SD2SNES) / Re: FXPakPro glitchy graphic
« Last post by compugab on May 08, 2021, 10:19 PM »
Results :

===log opened===
flash check:   1d62b458-b82d6850-c2-11-0 
SD test... please insert card
=============================
crc1 = 8a0b9767 crc2 = 8a0b9767   PASSED

RTC Test
========
setting clock to 2019-02-23 00:00:00
2019-02-23 00:00:00
waiting 2 seconds
new time: 2019-02-23 00:00:02
PASSED

FPGA test
=========
configuring fpga...
basic communication test...PASSED

RAM connection test
===================

Testing RAM0.1 (U501)...

Testing RAM0.2 (U502)...

Testing RAM1 (U511)...
PASSED

SD DMA test
===========
clearing RAM - loading test file - verifying -PASSED

Loading SNES test ROM
=====================

sysclk test
===========
measuring SNES clock...
21478470 Hz
21478470 Hz diff = 0  max = 0
21478469 Hz diff = 1  max = 1
21478469 Hz diff = 0  max = 1
   CPUCLK: 3367849
  READCLK: 3047102
 WRITECLK: 160374
  PARDCLK: 160374
  PAWRCLK: 160374
  REFRCLK: 78735
ROMSELCLK: 481122
   CICCLK: 4031297
PASSED

SNES test status: IRQ: 00   PA: 00   MEM: 00/00
SNES test status: IRQ: 5a   PA: 5a   MEM: 5a/00

TEST SUMMARY
============

flash check:   1d62b458-b82d6850-c2-11-0 
Test      Result
----------------
SD        Passed
USB       not implemented
RTC       Passed
CIC       no run
FPGA      Passed
RAM       Passed
SD DMA    Passed
CLK       Passed
DAC       not implemented
SNES IRQ  Passed
SNES RAM  Passed
SNES PA   Passed
EverDrive 64 / Re: Everdrive 64 X7, switch instead of micro USB?
« Last post by notarjy on May 08, 2021, 07:56 PM »
Was there ever revisions of v2.5 with microSD and the switch on the side?
yes new 2.5 revision was release just before world went to hell ( pandemic )
Alright, that may explain what I have then. Thank you.

Will post pics of the PCB tomorrow.
EverDrive 64 / Re: Wallpaper thread! 320x240 only edition!
« Last post by SG333gg on May 08, 2021, 07:48 PM »
bump, can someone make a few new backgrounds for easy reading?
EverDrive 64 / Re: Everdrive 64 X7, switch instead of micro USB?
« Last post by SG333gg on May 08, 2021, 07:46 PM »
The only way to really know is to see a pic of the internal circuit board, and the menu version compatible...
But yeah, everdrive.me is an official reseller... In all cases, I would definitely get in touch with them and see what they say...

I got mine from stoneagegamer since its a USA reseller (so faster shipping), but yeah OP I would return this, as this isnt the product you paid for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10