Author Topic: Everdrive GB X7 - SD card recommendations?  (Read 749 times)

Offline Morningstar

• View Profile
Everdrive GB X7 - SD card recommendations?
« on: March 09, 2021, 07:08 AM »
I was going to buy this guy -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08879MG33/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
But I'm unsure if this is compatible with the cart. Only reason why I was going to get it is because other SD's are currently out of stock.

Does the one linked above work? or should I go with just this guy -> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JWXGNT/ref=twister_B08CLNX58K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GB X7 - SD card recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:10 PM »
64GB? 32GB? That's way overkill for Gameboy! Full no-intro sets of GB and GBC roms are less than 1GB together. You may not find smaller than 8GB anymore, but surely you can find 8Gb or 16GB of good quality.

Offline Morningstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 12:24 AM »
8GB is hard to find, honestly at this point in NYC its hard to find anything below 16GB - especially since 16 or 32GB already go for 10 bucks.. sometimes 6-7.

Offline ParzivalWolfram

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 06:36 AM »
My No-Intro sets for GBx total to about 2.7GB, though I did accidentally duplicate some ( "Rev A" vs "Rev 1" etc.) I slapped in a random dying 32GB card to hold me till my 3x SanDisk 16GB pack gets here. According to store pages where the Everdrive GB x7 is sold, it "supports SDHC/SDXC" so any card you put in should work, barring any sort of failure or formatting issues. (SD cards are generally universal, as they're standardized. Sometimes you'll get some that are weird internally, but this is fairly uncommon.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:40 AM by ParzivalWolfram »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 01:34 PM »
You are right, I can't find anything below 16GB now either. Just take the smallest/cheapest one you find of a quality brand, and no knockoffs. Buy from a local store that sells authentic and non-faulty memory cards. Buying from ebay isn't recommended.