Author Topic: Best Genesis/Megadrive Hacks that work with Mega Everdrive v2?  (Read 8967 times)

Offline NerdyNester

• View Profile
Hi everybody! :) I was just curious as to what are some of the best all time hacks for the genesis/megadrive are. I've been to romhacking  but there are so many hacks especially for sonic, that I have no clue where to start. Recently got my MD v2 and wanted to try a few out. Any suggestions would be great and they don't have to be just sonic hacks. :) TY!

Offline luna211

• View Profile
Re: Best Genesis/Megadrive Hacks that work with Mega Everdrive v2?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:12 AM »
Hi nesternes! I got my Mega Everdrive V2 a while back in April, and I'll tell you that there are some really great hacks and translations out there. I'll name a few of my favorites:

1. Sonic 3 Complete - This definitive hack of Sonic 3 and Knuckles provides music/gameplay options, bugfixes and much more.
2. Super Street Fighter 2 (Enhanced Colors + PCM driver fix) - This is how SSF2 should have been done on the Genesis to begin with.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2413/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2134/
3. Contra Hard Corps (Hit Points Restoration Hack) - Adds the 3 hit-point system that was not in the U.S. release.
4. Megaman: Wily Wars (SRAM Save Hack) - Allows your game to be saved normally through SRAM.
5. Gleylancer, Battle Mania Daiginjou and Twinkle Tale (English Translated) - Awesome Japanese shooters now in English. Highly recommended.
6. Earthworm Jim 2 (Weapon Select Mod) - You can now select your weapons in the Genesis version of EWJ2. ;D
7. Bare Knuckle III (English Translated) - The U.S. release of Streets of Rage 3 was plagued with censorship and a lot of unnecessary changes. But with the Japanese version now translated...  ;)

I hope these will come in handy for your Genesis/Megadrive hack search. Let me know if you need any help.

- Lee

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (play as every character from original series)
Streets of Rage 2 (Syndicate Wars) (play as every character in game and more, albeit a little glitchy)
S3K - The Challenges (adds fun and challenging challenges to Sonic 3 + Knuckles)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic 1 and 2) (both games combined with spindash added in sonic 1)

Will let you know of more when I can think of more. Not hacks, but Wolfenstein was ported (to genesis and 32x), Super Mario Bros, Battle City (with online gameplay) and their is a ton of other homebrew, hacks, unlicensed, prototypes and programs out there.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline NerdyNester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Ty so much luna211 and Paulweeze for the info. I will be checking those out as they sound amazing. I love my mega everdrive and these hacks will make it even better than it all ready is. thanks again! :)

Offline Ryoandr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 03:50 AM »
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/827/
Shinobi III enhancement hack. Needs 6b pad to be fully exploited (but still usable with 3b pad)
Main feature is shuriken lock/dedicated slash button, allowing kunai/sword-only play.

Offline luna211

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 05:52 AM »
Ty so much luna211 and Paulweeze for the info. I will be checking those out as they sound amazing. I love my mega everdrive and these hacks will make it even better than it all ready is. thanks again! :)

You're welcome! Have fun! =D

Offline DanielGoodine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 07:31 AM »
There are some neat Shining Force mods on ShiningForceCentral forums. :)

Offline NerdyNester

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 04:32 AM »
Ty to DanielGoodine and Ryoandr for the suggestions as well. Will check those out when I have the chance. ty! :)