Author Topic: OS version 13 and earlier are not correctly ordered the filenames  (Read 2975 times)

Offline leosmendes

• View Profile
OS version 13 and earlier are not properly ordering the file names.
It is a silly thing, but it could be verified. thank you

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: OS version 13 and earlier are not correctly ordered the filenames
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 02:18 AM »
Bump this is something I've noticed as well. Even in the settings no matter if its set to automatically sort or not it places some games in the wrong spot for example. On mine it shows Castlevania, Castlevania III, Castlequest, Castlevania II. Games with similar words and spelling appear jumbled like that.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 03:02 AM »
There are some programs like Filesort you can use to get your roms transferred to your N8 in the right order or just try copying the entire folder at once. But here's the thing...you can't just drag+drop it, it may still come up jumbled and slightly out of order. Best thing to do in that case...

1) Go to "EDIT" on your folder and choose SELECT ALL (makes it easier when you have everything in the same folder, including the EDFC folder)
2) Then choose COPY TO FOLDER (this will be where you select your SD card)

Thats it. It is helpful to have everything mirrored between your PC and N8 to make it easier to do if you need to update it later. Remember adding anything later by drag+drop may not auto sort it so you have to really COPY TO FOLDER each time you want to add a new rom. Tedious, yes....but it does work

Offline XiTaU

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:44 AM »
This has been said many times by krikzz only 1st 3 characters are used for sorting.