Author Topic: USB Tool copy command timeout  (Read 1806 times)

Offline marionintendo

• View Profile
USB Tool copy command timeout
« on: March 29, 2020, 07:49 PM »
I connected my Everydrive N8 Pro via USB to my laptop. I'm trying to run this command from the Windows command prompt and it seems to say there's a timeout:

C:\Users\marionintendo\Desktop\edlink>edlink-n8.exe cp "Panic Restaurant (U) [!].nes"
edlink-n8 v1.0.0.1
EverDrive found at COM5
EDIO status: 0000

ROM loading...
Mapper   : 4
PRG SIZE : 128K (8 x 16K)
CHR SIZE : 128K (16 x 8K)
SRM SIZE : 8K
Mirroring: H
BAT RAM  : No
ROM ID   : 0x435AEEC6

ERROR: The operation has timed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Retrothunder

• View Profile
Re: USB Tool copy command timeout
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 06:45 AM »
I'm trying to learn how to use that USB for the nes maker hopefully krikzz could be of help

Offline tecmoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:47 AM »
Marionintendo

Looking at one of the sample batch files provided it looks like you had the following problem(s)

C:\Users\marionintendo\Desktop\edlink>edlink-n8.exe cp "Panic Restaurant (U) [!].nes"

1. Missing dash in front of cp command
2. Missing destination

General format

edlink-n8.exe -cp "source" "destination"

I'm not 100% sure how you specify the paths correctly. As in how to point to the SD card correctly. I assum you could point to it by drive letter reference but not sure. 

Offline manyo360

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 05:56 AM »
I am unsuccessfully trying to pull saved state files from the Everdrive via USB... the command i'm using:

edlink-n8 -cp "sd:tsb_og.01.sav" "C:\Users\manYo\Desktop"

the ERROR I get back is "The given path's format is not supported."

the .SAV file name is correct... not sure how to correctly specify the path to the SD card, or what the problem is..... can anybody help me with this, please?

Offline FME-7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 05:18 PM »
Your SD path command is going to be invalid for pretty much every command line tool in existence. Unfortunately, drive letters shift, so assuming you use a Windows computer, go into "This PC" in Windows Explorer. Find what drive letter the SD is. My SD card registers as Drive D, so I'll use that as an example. I don't have an N8 Pro, but my best assumption is that there's a special folder containing the save files. In the OG N8 this is in the same folder as the OS.

Anyways, given how your save is apparently on the SD root, just use "D:\tsb_og.01.sav".

Full command would be the following:
Code: [Select]
edlink-n8 -cp ""D:\tsb_og.01.sav" "C:\Users\manYo\Desktop"

Offline manyo360

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Your SD path command is going to be invalid for pretty much every command line tool in existence. Unfortunately, drive letters shift, so assuming you use a Windows computer, go into "This PC" in Windows Explorer. Find what drive letter the SD is. My SD card registers as Drive D, so I'll use that as an example. I don't have an N8 Pro, but my best assumption is that there's a special folder containing the save files. In the OG N8 this is in the same folder as the OS.

Anyways, given how your save is apparently on the SD root, just use "D:\tsb_og.01.sav".

Full command would be the following:
Code: [Select]
edlink-n8 -cp ""D:\tsb_og.01.sav" "C:\Users\manYo\Desktop"

thanks for the reply, but i neglected to mention the SD card does not show up as a drive on my computer at all when connected via USB

Offline tecmoman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 06:58 AM »
FME-7 I don't think the SD card is going to have a path when you are connecting to the everdrive via the USB port. It is just connecting to it by opening a COM port

I did just read that the save files aresaved in the following location on the everdrive : EDN8/SNAP

So maybe the syntax is edlink-n8 -cp "sd:/EDN8/SNAP/tsb_og.01.sav" "C:\Users\manYo\Desktop"