Author Topic: N8 Pro -- copying files FROM Everdrive TO a computer - error message  (Read 836 times)

Offline manyo360

• View Profile
N8 Pro PROBLEM:

I have successfully copied a saved state FROM my windows-running desktop TO the Everdrive via USB connection, utilizing the edlink-n8 "-cp" command... BUT, when I flip that around and try to copy FROM the Everdrive TO my computer, I receive this "ERROR: The given path's format is not supported."

cmd for sending from CPU to Everdrive (success): edlink-n8 -cp "C:/Users/manYo/Desktop/tsb.01.sav" "sd:EDN8/SNAP/"

cmd for sending from Everdrive to CPU (fail): edlink-n8 -cp "sd:EDN8/SNAP/tsb.01.sav" "C:/Users/manYo/Desktop/"

QUESTIONS: Does the N8 Pro have the capability to copy files FROM the Everdrive to another computer? If so, what am I doing wrong on my "cmd"? I am thinking it has something to do with the ":" being in the third slot of the path name, whereas drive names typically only have one letter? but dunno----would GREATLY appreciate any kind of help on this matter---------- mahalo.

ALSO: the Everdrive does not show up as a drive on my computer when plugged into USB. Boy if it DID, though, that would solve all my problems.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:25 AM by manyo360 »

Offline manyo360

• View Profile
BOOM!!! problem solved!

krikzz updated the N8 Pro's USB tool (edlink-n8-v1.0.0.2), and we are now able to send files from the Everdrive to the CPU.

CMD LINE: edlink-n8 -cp sd:/testfile.bin d:/testfile.bin

THANK YOU, krikzz... the ability to send and receive files via USB connection will REVOLUTIONIZE our live Tecmo Super Bowl tournaments up here in da ~Great PNW~... now time to put this stimulus check to good use and buy some more of these babies.