Author Topic: 2017 GBA X5 Firmware Update - v1.12 to v1.14  (Read 523 times)

Offline juggernath

• View Profile
2017 GBA X5 Firmware Update - v1.12 to v1.14
« on: July 24, 2021, 10:45 PM »
Hello everyone, I have a small issue with an older X5 cartridge when updating the firmware and I'd just like some clarification as to whether something could be wrong or I'm just missing something.

Everything works just fine on the v1.12 firmware, all games boot and play normally and all diagnostic tests pass. v1.14 and v1.15 however lock up on the splash screen of any game I try to play though all diagnostic tests are still passing. GBA and cartridge contacts are clean, both batteries are good, SD card is a 16GB SanDisk which no one seems to have any problems with from what I can find and works just fine.

I haven't been able to find other postings with this issue but I also haven't seen anything stating the newer firmware won't work. As far as I am aware the newer Mini was released right before the last two firmware revisions so are they not compatible with the older bulkier X5 cartridges?

Offline taiyotenko

• View Profile
Re: 2017 GBA X5 Firmware Update - v1.12 to v1.14
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 06:41 AM »
I have an old EDGBA X5 and it works fine with the GBAOS 1.15 installed, so it should work on yours too.