Author Topic: Saving with Goomba  (Read 374 times)

Offline levi_mester

• View Profile
Saving with Goomba
« on: May 09, 2021, 01:46 PM »
Dear Everyone,

Is there maybe a guide or any instructions on how to use the save states in goomba in the everdrive 5x?
I can open the goomba menu by pressing L+R , then I choose Save state, then I select <NEW>, then I click Exit.
A save state is created and I can see and load it from Load state.
BUT after I turn off the console or push reset (gamecube with a gameboy player) and load up the game again, there is nothing under Load state, the previous save state just disappears.

Save type is set to SRAM and there is even an .srm file created in the emusave folder on the sd card.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Are there maybe other GB/GBC emulators for the GBA?

Offline levi_mester

• View Profile
Re: Saving with Goomba
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 02:05 PM »
I think I found the solution, I was using the original goomba emulator for GB games
http://www.webpersona.com/goomba/

Now I switched to goomba color https://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php and save states are working fine now after powering off the console.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 03:42 PM »
Kind of reminds me of the old days when the Super Card SD did the same thing, it would save a state but shortly later as soon as the loaded game was forgotten it would always say NEW next to it again.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline DaveE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 08:53 PM »
Thank you for posting this.  I have a separate post about the GBC games not working well through the emulator, but when I use the GBC version of Goomba that you posted, they work great. 

All of the Everdrive products could benefit from instruction manuals that outline basic usage and emulator details.  Could even be included as a blog below the product pages.  I guarantee it would've made me pull the trigger faster.  Now that I've got my Everdrive GBA figured out, I've purchased a FXPAK Pro and the instructions for that are also spread out all over the internet.  If you read the Everdrive product description pages, many of them don't clearly state what the product does.  For instance, I didn't realize the FXPAK Pro was a better version of the Super ED until someone posted about it here.  Even the Super ED, could use a basic sentence in the description like "Use this to play your roms on your SNES console" and the FXPAK should have the same description but add "adds compatibility for games that use the SFX chip", etc.   

Also, why are there 2 different Everdrive stores?   krikzz.com/store/ and everdrive.me  both with different product offerings.