Author Topic: Um, saving games the normal way should work right?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Tzakiel

• View Profile
Um, saving games the normal way should work right?
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Saved a dragon warrior game, then hit reset. Started it again, no game there. Tried the same with Zelda. Also no record.

I then tried saving and then hitting reset and power as the games instruct. Same result. I then tried just hitting power. No dice.

I am using a sandisk 32gb sd card formatted fat32 and blocks set to 64. The lock is not set to locked. Games and interface running fine other than this issue. What's going on? Does the allocation need to be 32 for block size or something?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:53 AM by Tzakiel »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
Re: Um, saving games the normal way should work right?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 10:42 PM »
SD Card should be set to rewritable and lock off but yeah, it seems you're doing everything right. One thing to mention about how the Everdrive handles it's saves...

1) Loading any game (let's say Zelda 1) Go into game, save as usual and then hit reset on your system (be sure the Everdrive is set to reset to MENU instead of GAME)

2) As of right now your Zelda 1 save should be in RAM, It won't show on the ED menu screen yet, however, if you load another game that uses save RAM (let's say Zelda 2) Play Zelda 2 and save in-game as normal.

3) After you save in Zelda 2, the Zelda 1 save will now be bumped out of RAM and written to the SD card (to make room for Zelda 2)

4) If the saves are still not showing up, there may be something wrong with the card or how it is formatted.

Offline Tzakiel

• View Profile
Re: Um, saving games the normal way should work right?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:13 AM »
It was the sd card. I reformatted with default block size and it works.