Author Topic: What is with all the Hate for China Version everdrives and their users?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline VeeAnaTroi

• View Profile
I have wanted an Everdrive for years now but raising a kid is extremely hard on the budget. So all Snes flash-carts were well beyond my personal budget. I however recently bought a China Version Super Everdrive for about $20 and it works great! I have had no issues playing all the games I’ve wanted to play. So what gives? Why the hate? I read a remark on this site that the Chinese sellers “stole” the technology... Seems stupid for someone who makes a pirating device to get butt hurt about someone stealing the technology that was never theirs to begin with. Please if someone could explain why I should spend 4-5 times as much money for a “real” Everdrive?

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
It's a really weird hate target everyone has for it, it's true that the original is always the best but a lot of us likely grew up learning of the ED thanks to the China versions back then whever we saw them at conventions or expos.

This is true as a lot of links on ebay list them and to be honest at the time, I never ever knew their was a legit one as a lot of youtube videos used to cover the china versions too... at the time having a cartridge that could play any game on your own device was a dream come true the unique OS interface of it looking like a Windows 95 screen and the processing bar going across will always be a highlight that was burned into my memory. And nope it wasn't a genuine one it was the China version a lot of us owe our thanks to Krikzz awesome craftmanship on the devices but you really can't blame or have hate for a inferior one especially as we grew up with it first.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
Seeing as this is the official forum for KIRKzz brand Everdrives, this seems like a pretty silly question. Obviously we're not going to recommend other products here.

Offline VeeAnaTroi

• View Profile
Yeah, I get that, there just seems to be an overt amount of hate for the china Version, it is a perfectly capable device. Also all the best local stores I patronize are happy to help EVERYONE who walks in looking for help. My local game store even replaced the battery on a supposedly refurbished game I purchased on ebay for free. Now I will go to that store first for my retro gaming needs.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Your reasoning makes no sense. The Everdrives aren't using any pirated technology. The clones of them are modifying Krikzz hardware, software and also using the name Everdrive so they are clearly pirating it.

One reason to dislike clones is because they are usually not built properly and often dangerous for the hardware.
Krikzz and his sellers obviously dislikes clones because they steal both his work and customers.

Many users on the forum are just customers that helps other customers for free. We don't get money from Krikzz and expecting us to help people with clones that usually aren't compatible with the official OS, is asking a bit too much don't you think?

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Your reasoning makes no sense. The Everdrives aren't using any pirated technology. The clones of them are modifying Krikzz hardware, software and also using the name Everdrive so they are clearly pirating it.

One reason to dislike clones is because they are usually not built properly and often dangerous for the hardware.
Krikzz and his sellers obviously dislikes clones because they steal both his work and customers.

Many users on the forum are just customers that helps other customers for free. We don't get money from Krikzz and expecting us to help people with clones that usually aren't compatible with the official OS, is asking a bit too much don't you think?

nuu… the clones are the original OS they just cant be updated.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
I see the points you're making VeeAnaTroi, but again I think it's more a question of venue than "hate." There are plenty of other forums where folks with other flashcarts can go to get assistance. Since this is the KRIKzz forum (hosted on his website), we only discuss KRIKzz hardware here.

Offline SiberianSpForces

• View Profile
I think some of it also stems from people registering and expecting some sort of support.