Author Topic: Is the original Everdrive GG harmful? What is your opinion of it in general?  (Read 1285 times)

Offline ahleyjohn38

• View Profile
I am thinking of buying an original Everdrive GG (not the X7) and I hear that it may damage your GG due to its voltage draw. Also, I hear stories about it not starting up on the first try and requiring you to reinsert the cart several times. Anyone with one care to comment?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Yes the original EDGG was potentially harmful if I remember correctly. A lot of people have strong opinions on this (especially those doing business on it), but electronics engineers generally agree that voltage translation shouldn't be ignored. This is often ignored on cheap Chinese bootleg carts and flashcarts, and some very cheap bootlegs are very harmful to the console and/or the cart itself because of this.

I would avoid it and buy the X7 which is properly built.

Offline soulfunkdjx

• View Profile
I am thinking of buying an original Everdrive GG (not the X7) and I hear that it may damage your GG due to its voltage draw. Also, I hear stories about it not starting up on the first try and requiring you to reinsert the cart several times. Anyone with one care to comment?
I own the GGX7 and i was reinserting the cart several times to get it work.
After so many tries to find what's wrong i finally found it.
Is the voltage draw!!! Because i am using also McWill Screen and GGX7 both are draining a lot of volatages at the boot.
I found the solution by installing the USB-C power regulator by Retrosix Company.
It boost the console with more clean volatage and is booting just fine now!!!
Also i have a USB-C which is easier to use nowdays.