Author Topic: Textured Shells?  (Read 796 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Textured Shells?
« on: February 07, 2021, 07:21 PM »
I wonder if anyone has information on this or just thoughts in general. Some early Super Everdrive shells had the textured rough sides which also some came with the lined middle part under the label. When I first saw one of these it was back in the early 2000's and thought the textured ones were special in some way but never really knew why for sure the later ones opted out for a more thinner plastic shell style after the original one as the picture shows below.

https://imgur.com/a/SRAOrwB

Was it just a due to more availability and was easier to mass manufacture them, or when it was first released they wanted to make them as accurate to the SFC cartridge as possible, or something else?
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: Textured Shells?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 09:05 PM »
More than likely I'd say it comes down to cost. Those thinner shells look cheap.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Textured Shells?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 12:18 AM »
More than likely I'd say it comes down to cost. Those thinner shells look cheap.

Which was sad as the Chinese SD2SNES had a much sleeker design while my Retro Towers one looks like it would break at any moment.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!