Author Topic: Is the SD2SNES Pro not the same as FXPak Pro??? No Save State options  (Read 1712 times)

Offline kasumi69

• View Profile
so I bought an SD2SNES Pro back in Fall 2019, been patiently waiting for save states in the unofficial firmware. so I downloaded it from here https://github.com/furious/sd2snes/releases  version 1.10.3-frs-v12. when I go into the sd2snes pro menu, no options regarding save states...

I don't know what the FXpak pro is but is it not the same build as the sd2snes pro? or have you already obsoleted the cartridge I bought

edit: managed to fix the issue, it turns out the theme i was using for some reason does not show the new options. been testing it and and it works fantastic! i was formerly using the nakitek game saver to use save states and this is much faster. great work guys!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:08 AM by kasumi69 »

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: Is the SD2SNES Pro not the same as FXPak Pro??? No Save State options
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 11:03 AM »
They're the same.

If you overwrote firmware that was originally on your card you may have to delete your config file (back it up just in case) so the new firmware can write a new config with the latest settings in it.

Offline rogerTrutman4ever

• View Profile
Re: Is the SD2SNES Pro not the same as FXPak Pro??? No Save State options
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 12:37 PM »
A quick question about the FXPak Pro : 
can someone confirm that we can use , in the same time, In game reset  AND   Save State options ?

i'm asking this question, because I can't do it with my "old" SD2SNES, non Pro. 
One of my friend is doubting about buying a second hand "old" SD2SNES or a brand new - more expensive - FX Pack pro..
I tested from  my side, and it didn't work on my "old" SDSNES.....  :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 03:02 PM by rogerTrutman4ever »