Author Topic: Universal Shell for SD2SNES  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Kobe

• View Profile
Universal Shell for SD2SNES
« on: June 15, 2018, 10:54 PM »
So I recently came back from Japan and brought a couple of Super Famicom's back with me. While I do love the SNES, I absolutely hate the console's design, and prefer the SFC design as well as the controller. The only problem I have is my SD2SNES came in a North American shell, but I want to use it with my SFC. So does anyone know of a place I can get a universal shell for the the board, one that already has the slot for the SD card drilled out and the LED lights insert up top? I'd even be happy if I could get an SFC shell.

Help would be appreciated.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
Re: Universal Shell for SD2SNES
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 01:58 AM »
Stone Age Gamer has the parts you're looking for but their site is currently being reworked. Contact them, they should be able to sort you out.

https://stoneagegamer.com/flash/snes/parts/
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Kobe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 02:46 AM »
Thanks for the link,

I actually buy all my flash carts from SAG, so that's great that they offer the parts on their own.

Offline sentient6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 04:47 PM »
Did you have any luck with this? Even I emailed them to ask if I could buy one in a universal shell, they said no. :(

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 03:50 AM »
You can buy such an SD2SNES with the universal Super Famicom themed shell right here on the Krikzz website as thats the only variant of SD2SNES krikzz sells.

I have the version of this shell from the krikzz store thats red transparent, just before krikzz shut down creating anymore red transparent shells due to their apparently being too brittle (while in transit to customers) to continue selling as a viable product and I can confirm these shells work on Japanese and American systems.

I think krikzz used to allow people to just buy shells themselves from his website but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore though you could always email him or his engineer and try to see if you can get something worked out.

StoneAgeGamer is always swamped with customers and things are always seemingly on backorder so you'd probably be farther ahead dealing with Krikzz and his store here directly than going to a middle man like SAG.

You could do this or buy a crappy low cost Super Famicom game to have a modder prepare/cannibalize for you by way of making the necessary cuts for you to put your existing SD2SNES board inside of unless you want to do this yourself and believe you have the x-acto knife cutting skills required for the job.  :P
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 06:57 AM »
So I recently came back from Japan and brought a couple of Super Famicom's back with me.
Wait... so you bought many consoles and you didn't buy even one shitty Famicom game  ???
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL