Author Topic: Auto force clear .srm savefile from SRAM when booting up GB X7  (Read 2875 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Auto force clear .srm savefile from SRAM when booting up GB X7
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 11:19 AM »
SRM is a file on the SD-card that contains a dump of the data in the SRAM chip from a game. The SRAM chip can basically only hold data for one game at a time.

The games you loaded were not native GBA games right? It was some SNES emulator that created SRM files for every SNES game you loaded, regardless if the game saves or not. If you load a GBA game that doesn't use SRAM it will probably not create an SRM file, no other Everdrive does that I know of. The last played list can easily be saved in a single log file in the OS folder. Settings are saved in a setting file also in the OS folder.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 01:04 PM »
SRM is a file on the SD-card that contains a dump of the data in the SRAM chip from a game. The SRAM chip can basically only hold data for one game at a time.

The games you loaded were not native GBA games right? It was some SNES emulator that created SRM files for every SNES game you loaded, regardless if the game saves or not. If you load a GBA game that doesn't use SRAM it will probably not create an SRM file, no other Everdrive does that I know of. The last played list can easily be saved in a single log file in the OS folder. Settings are saved in a setting file also in the OS folder.

The SNES emulator otherwise known as PocketSNES or SNESAdvance doesen't create SRM files the only ones that do are games that the device remembers, be it GB/NES/SMS/GG or any other one that is intergrated into the device I am not sure on GBA as I rarely play them to save battery space but I persume if I checked in my folder likely SRM for GBA roms likely would also be there... what is weird is the size of them is a replcia of the rom itself this is pretty weird as you would guess a file remembered would just be a few kbs but oddly its the same size as a normal rom. I know that the theory is still debunked on why the EDGBA has the last remembered one but aside from this I likely can't think of any other way it remembers and loads all settings up like it was before it was powered off.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 11:25 AM »
Well your presumption is wrong. I just checked and my EDGBA X5 makes SRM files only for games that uses the SRAM save type. Rockman EXE leaves an SRM file, Super Mario Advance uses EEPROM and leaves an EEP file, Advance Wars uses FLASH and leaves a FLA file and Famicom Mini games that doesn't save leaves nothing behind at all.

I'm not telling you how the Everdrive can remember games again, you have to read my previous post.