Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 5230 times)

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
Feature requests
« on: August 02, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Hey Ikari, love your work and everyone who supports the open source code.

I have very limited knowledge of coding, mainly in COBOL and C# so I wouldn't be much help... but I was wonder if you'd be interested in a thread that would be full ideas to implement.

Now besides the obvious SA-1 and GSU chips I have two UI requests

• Box art - Basic graphical representation of the games in the main menu. Maybe drag and drop .png files to a separate folder that matches the title of the rom file... could be easy :-X
  • Sorting feature - Create a series of sorting tags and then apply games to these tags, then sort them. ie. Fighting Games, RPG, Translated Games, etc

Can't wait to see what you release next :)
Keep up the great work!
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 11:25 PM »
as much as id like to see boxart on any gui like this for any system as for the super nintendo I really don't think it would work or be feasible. Even if Ikari created a way to use a png file for the snes to read it the size of it would have to be really small. The super nintendo has such a low resolution I don't even know if you could tell what the box was you were trying to show because the image would have to be so small.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 12:49 PM »
I dunno. Could maybe get box art to the same quality as they were in the Super Mario All-Stars game select menu, but I don't know how feasible or practical that would be.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 11:03 PM »
I dunno. Could maybe get box art to the same quality as they were in the Super Mario All-Stars game select menu, but I don't know how feasible or practical that would be.

I imagine one would have to convert the box art some how to graphics the super nintendo could display because I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be able to actually just show a picture like .png or .jpg. It just seems like way too much of a hassle to me. Maybe on a more powerful console it wouldn't be too bad but not on the super nintendo.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Okay I'll have everyone stop production on this idea Dave.  8)
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 01:39 AM »
I can't tell if you're joking. All I'm saying is that I don't personally think it would be possible how ever I would be more than happy for someone to prove me wrong. Having cover support on the SD2SNES would be pretty amazing. I'm just being realistic is all.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline tjstogy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 05:16 AM »
I can't tell if you're joking. All I'm saying is that I don't personally think it would be possible how ever I would be more than happy for someone to prove me wrong. Having cover support on the SD2SNES would be pretty amazing. I'm just being realistic is all.

Agreed. Imagine also one day having an lcd screen on the front of the flashcart that changed to the title you are currently playing? That would be sick.
But yes I agree- cover art and a little blurb about the game would be amazing. Almost Wikipedia style.