Author Topic: Soft Reset Loaded Game Question  (Read 4379 times)

Offline joefz2

• Pochilin
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel
Soft Reset Loaded Game Question
« on: February 05, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Hey,

I'm not sure if this was answered before but is there anyway to just reset the game that you currently play instead of going to the main ED64 menu?
I'm trying to get into speedrunning some 64 games and this would help (if possible)!
Thanks!

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Soft Reset Loaded Game Question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Hey,

I'm not sure if this was answered before but is there anyway to just reset the game that you currently play instead of going to the main ED64 menu?
I'm trying to get into speedrunning some 64 games and this would help (if possible)!
Thanks!

No, at the moment you can't do that. You can press START on the ED64's game selection screen to load the last game played, but you can't bypass the ED64's menu altogether. This feature has been requested by a few people, so perhaps it will be added to a later version of the ED64's software.

Offline joefz2

• Pochilin
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Ah  :(

That's great that it's been requested.
Thanks for answering so quickly!

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:54 AM »
There might be a solution for this in the future.

Well for anyone that gets their N64 modded with the Ultra HDMI board created by Marshall H with his company all for his products known as Retroactive.be.

I emailed Marshall a while back and asked him if a button code reset would be possible with his mod since Kevin Horton ie Kevtris's Hi Def NES board already offers this functionality and Marshall replied to me and said this:

"It's possible, requires running another wire in the N64. It'd only be
soft reset since hard reset wouldn't be possible.
Definitely looking into it"

So there you have it.  :P

Its possible but requires an extra wire added to the console internally and Marshall also said on his forum it would require a new firmware update presumably to his Ultra HDMI board which of course can be updated via use of a flashcart such as Krikzz Everdrive 64 or Marshall's flash cart the 64Drive.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline tjstogy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 07:41 AM »
Krikkz, any update regarding this??