Author Topic: Newer Doujindance mods seem fine  (Read 5180 times)

Offline PsychoFox

• View Profile
Newer Doujindance mods seem fine
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:57 AM »
I mentioned it in the thread in the sticky at the top, but before you let the big warning about these systems scare you off, this seller has completely redone their modding methods. Myself and one other in that thread this month have had no issue using a Turbo Everdrive 2.5 on Doujindance mods.

I have an old DUO-R mod of theirs from around the time the sticky was written - only my Turbo Everdrive V1 works on it. The V2 boots up sometimes, but tends to crash when trying to launch a game.

I also have a new DUO-R mod of theirs, on which the V1 and V2.5 work perfectly. The insides look a lot less sloppy than they used to, as now they have more neatly mounted boards with their name on them, so they've stepped it up a bit.

While neither Krikzz or Doujindance will guarantee compatibility, it seems the current mods out there from them are fine. Just felt this deserved to be mentioned in its own thread where it will be seen by those that may have been scared of a Doujindance mod before. My first one still works great btw, I just like to have backups. That drive will only spin so many times!

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
Re: Newer Doujindance mods seem fine
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 11:24 PM »
We know its you Doujindance.   8)

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:55 PM »
I made an account just to post this. I purchased a Duo-R from Doujindance the other day because the mod work looked clean from the photos. I have a new Turbo Everdrive as well. I will report my results when I receive the console in a week or 2.

Offline Amerika

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 08:25 AM »
I can verify this as well.  I have an Duo-R of his that was purchased last year and I inspected it and he not only did one hell of a clean job but he also included some rather clever custom board work to keep things in place/mounted.  Works with a TED 2.5 and the CD drive has been working flawlessly for a year.  And I've thrown just about everything at it.

Seriously, he did some shoddy work in the past, but in at least the last year it's been steller from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:48 PM by Amerika »
NES Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Mega EverDrive x7, Turbo EverDrive, NeoSD, EverDrive-GBA x5, Ultra EverDrive64 v3

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:09 PM »
I just received the Duo-R and was able to test it for about an hour before work. The Turbo Everdrive 2.5 works perfectly. The CD drive works great as well. I'm running the system on a 10v 32x Adapter. I recently purchased a recapped and RGB modded US Turbo Duo and had to return it due to the picture flickering. That Turbo Duo was 500 bucks. This Duo-R was 300 dollars and from what I can tell, it's 200 dollars cheaper and much higher quality. I'm using a euroscart csync cable and the picture is bright and sharp. He also does a Jailbar fix and I don't see any on the screen, so I assume that is working as well. Overall A+ so far from Doujindance. He even makes you a custom youtube video to display its working before he ships it out.

I'll even post my personal video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyqES1wA42I

Then I get to remove the paper with my user name and fish drawn on it from Japan.  8)

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:45 PM »
I just noticed that he included this little board because I used buy it now. It appears to be an RGB mod for PCE or N64. Can anyone confirm? I have an unmodified n64 I’d be willing to take a stab at it with.