Author Topic: New Everdrive 64 - Not Working  (Read 442 times)

Offline hushed

• View Profile
New Everdrive 64 - Not Working
« on: August 07, 2021, 03:51 AM »
Hello,

I recently purchased an Everdrive 64 x7, loaded the OS and some roms on the SD cart, inserted the cart in a working 64, and I appear to get no signal, though the screen does turn a different black when the TV identifies the signal/device? The cart, is a trans red/pink cart, and there is a solid red light on.

When I turn it on without a SD card, I get the same results, with no error message. I have tried two different SD cards with the same results.

Can anyone verify I should have some type of error message when the console is turned on with an ED 64 and no SD card installed?

Any idea what this issue might be?

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
Re: New Everdrive 64 - Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 05:26 AM »
X7 owner here, i just tried it myself and a gray screen comes up with the text Everdrive-64 bootloader v5.00 ERROR:C2 SD Card not found.

Perhaps you reformatted the sd card incorrectly? Have you tried a fresh install?

Offline hushed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Thanks for letting me know an error code should be expected. When I have no SD Card in the ED, I don't get an error message. This makes me think it's not the SD card but either the ED or how the 64 is interpreting the ED.

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 10:02 PM »
Have you tried another tv? What type of tv is it and what type of n64? Just wanna cover all ground here before assuming its the cart its self. It may be a conflict between the console and tv.

Offline pstwht

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 11:40 PM »
You don't by chance have a pixelfx n64 digital?  I had the same problem and then found this issue on their gitlab https://gitlab.com/pixelfx-public/n64digital/-/issues/52  Try running another cart for 5 to 10 mins and then try your Everdrive again.  I had the same issue as you but it is working after trying this.