Author Topic: How to get Conker's bad fur day rips  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
How to get Conker's bad fur day rips
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:38 AM »
Do you know how to get the rips for ANYTHING in the game? I might make a hack for it.

First, text hacks. To edit the game's written dialouge.
Second, voice hacks. To import and export voice samples.
Third, the textures. To make a graphical hack.
Forth, Music. To import and export music.

Thank you.

Edit: I want rips from the ECTS demo as well, but I doubt I could get those.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:56 AM by Hexatendo »

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
Re: How to get Conker's bad fur day rips
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 02:31 PM »
The poo kingdom is a good place to start. He rips a big one, LOL!

I DL'ed an MP3 rip of pooland and blasted it from my Bose PC speakers; it was epic!

miniUSF music rips have long been dumped for this game. textures, poly maps, and other assets, I have no idea.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:52 PM »
Sorry, I know nothing about ripping game data from the N64, but you should be aware that (a) the N64 has never seen much hacking, sadly, and (b) since CBFD is a game from Rare, it's very possible that the data is somehow encrypted to make it harder to rip out.

That said, I suggest you ask on the right forums at these sites:

http://gamehacking.org/vb/

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/

and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:10 PM »
I own the actual cart, instruction manual, box everything in mint condition.

Now my question is, why is this game worth so much money?  I played it from beginning to end and it is not really one of the more fun games on this console.  I paid $20 for mine brand new on ebay years ago.

Is it due to the multi player function?  I never have seen anyone discussing it.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:26 PM »
It was released in the end of the N64 era so I guess it's a somewhat rare game (and it's also a Rare game). It was also very expensive when it was released.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 01:38 PM »
I own the actual cart, instruction manual, box everything in mint condition.

Now my question is, why is this game worth so much money?  I played it from beginning to end and it is not really one of the more fun games on this console.  I paid $20 for mine brand new on ebay years ago.

Is it due to the multi player function?  I never have seen anyone discussing it.

It was released in limited numbers (both because it was released when the N64 was dying commercially, and also because Nintendo didn't do much to publicise it since it didn't fit in with their family friendly image), and so it didn't sell well on release, but since then N64 collectors (including those who only started collecting N64 stuff years after the N64's era ended) have been keen to buy it. Plus the game is much sought after since for a number of reasons, such as it is one of the most controversial games on the N64, it has arguably the best sound (and graphics, some would say), on the N64, it is generally thought of as being a very good game*, and it's by Rare, which on the N64 automatically makes it a 'must have' game for some people.

* Like you, I'm not a big fan of CBFD's single player game - I think it's OK, and funny, but lacking in replay value. But even with all that said, CBFD is my third favourite game of all time, because of the multiplayer games. There are seven different multiplayer modes, all playable against bots (computer controlled opponents) if you chose, and some of them are fantastic. Most are variations on third person shooting battles, though one is a racer, and even though (to me) two are especialy good (Heist and Beach), one (War: Colours) is (again, to me) *utterly* superb, and I can and do play it for hours at a time, just against the bots, it never gets old or boring. If CBFD was just the War: Colours game then to me it would still be my third favourite game, as to me it's just endlessly replayable, and if my CBFD cartridge was stolen or broken, then I'd buy it again (even for the high prices it costs nowadays) just for that one game mode.