Author Topic: Firmware v0.1.7c released  (Read 51027 times)

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware v0.1.7b released
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2016, 07:52 PM »
]

the project is open source, so, how about you study a little and try to reverse-engineer these chips instead of whining about it?

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 05:02 AM »
the project is open source, so, how about you study a little and try to reverse-engineer these chips instead of whining about it?

It's best to just leave it alone. It's a never ending battle to constantly remind people that, at the moment, it's a one (or two...sup, borti4938) person(s) that works on it, and they have lives outside of programming for the SD2SNES. If you know any programmers out there that may be able to lend a hand on development, see if you can get them on board to help SA-1 and GSU-1 going.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Well, we would need something like "penalty box" in Ice Hockey.
Every time someone complains/criticize freely/show whinings 'bout this, this user should be prevent from posting for a designated amount of time...

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 11:56 PM »
I thought a meme would make it clear that I was joking, but hey, this is the internet, what can you do. I'm actually very statisfied with what Ikari has done with the SD2Snes so far, and I can honestly say my SD2snes was worth every penny.

There is a major difference between complaining and joking, but since you guys can't tell the difference then I guess I'll just have to avoid any further jokes or comments on these forums in the future, specially if they are related to this hot-button topic.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:00 AM by leonquest »
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. H - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer - AVS

Offline ferna182

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2016, 06:59 PM »

It's best to just leave it alone. It's a never ending battle to constantly remind people that, at the moment, it's a one (or two...sup, borti4938) person(s) that works on it, and they have lives outside of programming for the SD2SNES. If you know any programmers out there that may be able to lend a hand on development, see if you can get them on board to help SA-1 and GSU-1 going.

Genuine question: Is there a reason why SD2SNES isn't using the current emulators implementation of the missing chips?

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2016, 01:05 AM »

Genuine question: Is there a reason why SD2SNES isn't using the current emulators implementation of the missing chips?

Yes, because those emulations are not written in Verilog.   ;D
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline ferna182

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2016, 02:32 AM »

Yes, because those emulations are not written in Verilog.   ;D

Ok, so the implementation that emulators use "could work" but they need to be ported, right? it's not an actual technical limitation that would make them not work "as they are"? i guess it's a good excuse for me to learn verilog then :P

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2016, 05:35 PM »
It's an apples-to-oranges comparison. It's like saying "I drew a schematic for a chip. Why can't an emulator use that?" That is, the drawing may be helpful in understanding how the chip works but it's not directly applicable at all.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2016, 11:56 PM »
I remember chatting with a guy who is working on FX support.  I think Ikari_01 once stated that Super FX uses pipelining which he is familiar with but needs to study up more on to get it to work.  I am still patiently waiting but I really like what I have already and I own all the Super FX carts NTSC/U, including Star Fox 2 which I put together myself.  Still, it would be awesome to see more chips supported and a flash cart with compatibility for (nearly) all special chips would be cool.  I am thankful that he got all the DSP chips working although I own every DSP chip cart too.  I think I bought SD Gundam GX after I bought the SD2SNES.  It was only $8 shipped and with box and manual, inserts on ebay.

Offline wprpalmeida

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2016, 09:17 PM »
0.1.7c is out, with the new In-game hooks algorithms

the full changelog is quite awesome and it is available at http://sd2snes.de/blog

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2016, 09:57 PM »
thx,putted it on my sdcard and testing zelda msu1
let the intro plays and its with sound,great job guys.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:20 PM by fille1976 »

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
Re: Firmware v0.1.7c released
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2016, 04:23 PM »
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2016, 05:27 PM »
a TON of awesome updates, thank you Ikari!!!!
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. H - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer - AVS

Offline shippy1973

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2016, 06:37 AM »
This might be because of my console i dunno but I have v0.1.7 installed and everything works fine but when I update any other version to my SD card I get a garbled screen on startup... so instead of "/sdsnes" when i power on it just shows "x#web%^9OAAS" just a bunch of crap. I tried formatting, moving , copying, deleting.... no other newer version works expect version 0.1.7
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:39 AM by shippy1973 »

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2016, 10:12 AM »
Hi,

please try putting another folder or file in the card's root directory, and keeping your ROMs outside of the sd2snes folder.
The sd2snes folder is hidden because it's considered a system folder (going to make that configurable). What you see is a glitch resulting from the menu seeing an "empty" card.