Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - FeverDrive

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 87
EverDrive GB / Re: GB Seems to be screwed since using X7
« on: June 10, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Perhaps the GB power supply blew up?

However, I'm asking whether there is a "major" difference in how the "simulated" chips inside the FXPAK PRO behave which would have actual, noticeable differences on the screen as a result. Or in the physics of the game, for that matter, or whatever the chip was actually used for in the game.
There is not a major difference at this moment in how the games work on the FXPAK pro versus the original game. At least from the point of view of a human player.

Of course, it's possible and even probable that I'm missing something about how those chips work. If it really were that simple, I guess the Super EverDrive would just have a simple little "FPGA" or whatever they are called to simulate the chips, and not require a separate FXPAK PRO product in the first place?
FPGAs have varying capacities and cost $$$. So the Super Everdrive has a less capable FPGA which can run 95% of the SNES library at a reduced cost. The other 5% of games need the special chips which can be emulated by the more powerful FXPAK FPGA.

Could you upload a picture?
I searched online and couldn't find clear back photos.
It seems to be a torx head screw.

I guess it's there because many years ago the Everdrives were sold as a bare PCB product.

Super EverDrive / Re: Super Everdrive V1.2
« on: May 30, 2021, 04:03 AM »
If you bought it from SAG then it's original.
Try getting "no-intro" roms.

Is this an AMEX ad?  ::)

Super EverDrive / Re: Super Everdrive V1.2
« on: May 28, 2021, 07:30 AM »
Try using a previous OS file.
I highly suspect that you have a pirate device.

EverDrive GB / Re: Problems with new Everdrive GB x7
« on: May 28, 2021, 07:27 AM »
It seems like a power problem, try using the AC power adapter.
By the way not all screens work the same way or consume the same power.

I suggest to just buy the most advanced cartridge at the time (if you have the money) and don't worry about future hardware upgrades. You can always sell your used Everdrive when a new upgraded hardware model is released and recoup some money.

Thanks, surteesf1.
Those are great.  ;D

Shop and Shipping / Everdrive Return
« on: March 31, 2021, 10:23 PM »
Hello Krikzz or support, I sent you a message on March 2 at because I need to return a faulty Everdrive for repair/replacement.
I haven't got any response.

Mega EverDrive / Re: Do I Need The Sega CD?
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:28 PM »
You don't need the Sega CD to play Sega CD games.
You need the 32X attachment if you want to play 32X games though.

Mega EverDrive / Re: Feature Request - CHD Support
« on: November 16, 2020, 05:59 AM »
The side effect is, in addition to taking more than double the time to copy the decompressed data

It could be possible, the problem I see is this: to decompress the games it takes X amount of time on a modern PC, then on the Everdrive which obviously is less powerful than a modern PC, it will take many times longer.
People don't want to wait in order to play their games.

EverDrive GB / Re: Save state message
« on: November 14, 2020, 12:17 AM »
This is a good observation, you should take into account Krikzz's native language isn't english.
I hope he sees this and corrects the issue in the next OS update.

Off Topic / Re: Black Friday Sales
« on: November 14, 2020, 12:14 AM »
Are you talking about
You'll have better luck shooting them an email asking.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 87