Author Topic: Dragon Warrior 4 and Everdrive N8  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Statichamster

• View Profile
Dragon Warrior 4 and Everdrive N8
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:10 AM »
When I got my Everydrive I was looking forward to playing through all of the Dragon Warriors.  I was disappointed when I attempted to load up Dragon Warrior IV and only got a grey screen.  I did a little research and found that it should work according to the compatibility list.

So I tried the Dragon Quest 4 rom, and it worked.

Then I decided to get a program to clean NES Roms, ran it, changing the name of the rom slightly (a U to an E) and trying again.  It worked.

Seeing it work I deleted the file with the E, and ran the clean Rom program again on the U file.  I got a grey screen.

A little frustrated I ran the clean ROM file program and changed it back to an E not sure the clean ROM program is working.  But now the ROM works.

Anyone enlighten me on why this is going on?

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Warrior 4 and Everdrive N8
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 12:27 PM »
No idea whats going on, but try using no intro roms from edge emu dot net.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. H - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer - AVS

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 09:02 PM »
Yes you probably used a bad rom. Changing the file name doesn't have any effect on N8. No idea what that rom cleaning program is, but it's better to use good roms to begin with. No-intro roms are good.

Offline Statichamster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I know the name shouldn't have any effect on whether a rom should play or not; and yet it's working now.

I was just curious.  Since a working Dragon Warrior 4 was what I wanted and that is now what I have I'm not going to mess with it anymore.