Author Topic: Expansion audio on AV Famicom  (Read 11950 times)

Offline munnlete

• View Profile
Expansion audio on AV Famicom
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:40 PM »
So I have had the NES-version N8 everdrive.  I have been able to get expansion audio on Everdrive (Doki Doki Panic, Akumajo Densetsu etc) from my toaster with the enio expansion board.  However, Famicom cartridges (Largrange Point) weren't giving audio via gyromite adapter, so I bought an AV Famicom + pin adapter to play NES-style cartridges. 

Since Lagrange Point cartridge outputted expansion audio right from the go, I figured the N8 would as well through the pin adapter (doki doki, akumarjo etc). But it didn't. So:

1 Do I need to mod something on the 72-60 pin adapter?  2.  The enio expansion board  came with a ribbon connector that hooks up to the board, but it looks like a male/male issue not plugging into the expansion on the side of AV Famicom. Is there some male/female adapter, or is that even an actual solution?  3. Does the famicom version of N8 everdrive output expansion audio right from the go if hooked directly into the AV Famicom? 

Like I said I was getting expansion on the toaster, just couldn't get famicom carts to do expansion via the 60-72 on it. 

Thanks

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Expansion audio on AV Famicom
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:50 PM »
The 72-60 pin and 60-72 pin adapters are the culprits in both cases and need to be modded.

1. Yes, instructions are somewhere on this forum.
2. Don't have an Enio so I don't know. I'm not sure what you are trying to do? It's not supposed to plug into a Famicom expansion connector. Does that ribbon cable have the same 15 pin head that the Famicom expansion connector has on both ends?
3. Yes, the NES version should do it too if you have a pin adapter that maps the 2 expansion audio pins (most adapters doesn't).

Offline munnlete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:41 AM »
Thanks, yeah I'm not at the stage where I'm doing any modding/soldering.  Technically, I have all the expansion audio I really want between the Enio EXP audio board working with the NES-style everdrive on the toaster...combined with using the AV Famicom on some exp audio Famicom carts  that aren't compatible with Everdrive (lagrange point, just breed).

Yet somehow I'm lazy/greedy/whatever and want to do it all on one console, without modding, so I ordered the Famicom-style N8. 

Thanks

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:03 PM »

you need to do this to your converter. if you had a normal N8 for the toasters i don't think this would be an issue but i got one of the first waves of n8 and had to do this myself
flashcarts- acecard 2i, everdrive md, everdrive n8, cyclo ievolution

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:01 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:15 PM by Missingno255 »
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:15 AM »
if you had a normal N8 for the toasters i don't think this would be an issue but i got one of the first waves of n8 and had to do this myself
Shouldn't matter what N8 you have. The pin adapter still need to map the two extra audio pins.

Offline marksimons

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 04:53 AM »
ok, this topic is a couple months old and im sorry if i sound stupid. I have the ENIO device as well, and i was just wondering if I should i buy the famicom version of the N8, because i have a gyromite adaptor already modded. If i buy the Nes version of the N8, would that have to be modded as well, to play the extra sound channels?

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:37 AM »
No