Author Topic: faceplate  (Read 2831 times)

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
faceplate
« on: February 04, 2019, 07:42 PM »
anyone try to swap the faceplace from a real 6 button genesis to get it's d-pad. the d-pad on the joyzz is fine but the sharper edges get to me after extended use. the up, down left right part of it is a tad wider with sharper edge as well. i tried to change the faceplate, and it seemed to almost fit perfectly but it was tad too tight. i'm thinking some sandpaper to get the PCB a bit more room would fix this, the only other issue would be that the hole for the usb on the top would be bigger as it had to fit a cord in there. any ideas on how to fill that space without it looking like crap?
flashcarts- acecard 2i, everdrive md, everdrive n8, cyclo ievolution

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
Re: faceplate
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:20 PM »
nevermind, after searching a long time and sifting through all these comments about not being able to remove a dpad, i found a video that shows it only takes a darn spoon lol. i'd much rather keep the krikzz shell and just replace the dpad. again, nothing really wrong with the joyzz dpad (it is properly aligned) i just like the softer curved edges of the original 6 button dpad, and replacing it would make it perfect in my book.

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
Re: faceplate
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 04:14 PM »
got an original dpad on it, works really good, careful not to use the wrong base piece if you do this, i got them mixed up and one of them wasn't tight enough when i clipped the dpad back on it.