Author Topic: Everything and More about the Everdrive 64  (Read 176592 times)

Offline gladders

• View Profile
Re: Everything and More about the Everdrive 64
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11 AM »
Hey, I dunno if this has been asked before, but I saw on your excellent site the guide for dumping GB ROMs via the N64 Transfer Pak.

Do you know if something similar exists for, say, dumping GB Camera photos?

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2015, 12:20 AM »
first you have to dump the camera sram and than you can use a tool to extract the pictures. ^^

maybe, but i don't have one ^^
try one this tools after dumping the ram from the gbcamera

win32:
http://1x-upon.com/~despens/gameboy/howto/gb_cam_dump.zip
http://1x-upon.com/~despens/gameboy/howto/gcam14.zip

*nix:
https://github.com/jkbenaim/gbcamextract

Download latest libgbpak
gb64_v06_beta_cam_write.zip

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0

Offline gladders

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2015, 12:23 AM »
Brilliant! Now just to get a Transfer Pak :D

Offline Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Is there a place where I can find what error codes mean for the everdrive 64? I created a thread a few days ago and even though it has 58 views but no replies. I'm just trying to make sure there's nothing wrong with this cartridge. Please, someone help me.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2015, 10:53 PM »
Is there a place where I can find what error codes mean for the everdrive 64? I created a thread a few days ago and even though it has 58 views but no replies. I'm just trying to make sure there's nothing wrong with this cartridge. Please, someone help me.

I saw your thread, but didn't reply, as I don't know the answer. Please don't think that people are ignoring you, it's just that almost none of us on here know the technicalities of the Everdrive's workings, aside from Krikzz (who designs and makes them), and Saturnuu, and maybe a couple of others.

Krikzz might not have seen your post, so you should pm him with your question. He will answer, he's very helpful.

Offline Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2015, 11:37 PM »
Thank you Kerr.  I'll pm him.

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2015, 04:52 AM »
Cheaterdragon1, 64DD support might be added soon. Saturnu talked to Krikzz, and Krikzz says he might be adding 64DD games to the official OS.

Offline rafaelalvesals

• Hue Hue BR BR
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Hello,
  I've had my ED since April. And I'm still having the same issue where it will not save at all.

I play mostly wrestling games (Virtual Pro Wrestling, No Mercy, WCW Revenge) so when I play a season, hit the reset button or flip the power switch, it still doesn't save the game. I make created wrestlers, nothing is saved. Even with the baseball games I've played my seasons have always ended being lost due to not saving.

I formatted my card before I loaded anything on it. I've re-formatted it twice since. Still nothing seems to be working.

I have linked several photos to show the error that I get when I hit the reset button. As well as photos of the saving (Z button) screen and a photo of how I have my SD card configured.

Please help me figure out what, if anything, I'm doing wrong. And help me figure out this issue.

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

First of all, wrong topic man.
I think that for the wrestlers that you make you need a controller pak to save them.
And doesn't only hit the reset button, hold it for a fill seconds and release the button =)

Offline welfnm

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2015, 06:08 AM »
I spent the last 6 hours playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and the expansion pak turned really hot but other than that is ok. I realized that with the expansion 4mb off the game would run at  lower frame rate . Just love this addon memory pak to play Star Wars Rogue Squadron as well.

BTW I just wanted to give a big thank you to this website http://www.micro-64.com/features/svideo.shtml before that I bought 3 different S-video cabels and none of them looked good and I thought the issue was in my console.

Resume: The official s-video cable is good but be sure to buy the one made for the Gamecube (http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/image/gc_s_cable_n.gif) not the one for the SNES. The snes looks OK but not good as it should. I got one from 1991-92 and still works.
There's a guy who makes a special S-video cable for gamecube/n64 on ebay and he's from Sweden. He says the cables are handmade and no checkerboard effect. I just bought one and it should arrive sometime in the next 2 weeks. He sells PAL S-video cables which claims to correct the color issue in PAL consoles.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:19 AM by welfnm »

Offline Smashbro29

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2015, 07:57 PM »
With the new CIC chip all of that stuff about patching kinda goes out the window though, right?

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2016, 02:29 PM »
this guide needs an update:

incompatible games -> Dezaemon 3D works now due to SRAM 768Kbit support
Games that Require Patches -> ultracic II option
aleck64 -> new releases and cic settings
64dd support

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Yep. Like I said, 64DD support is needed. Unfortunately, you cant swap disks. Oh, and it's possible to get an error message even though you dont have a 64DD.

Offline acecalisto3

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2016, 06:46 AM »
I am having an issue with my Everdrive64.. The os loaded fine.. Interface works fine.. i go to play my rom and it says "rom load error 100" ..... i've been searching for days for someone else with the same problem or guidance around the issue! i need some zelda in my life...

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2016, 02:26 PM »
I am having an issue with my Everdrive64.. The os loaded fine.. Interface works fine.. i go to play my rom and it says "rom load error 100" ..... i've been searching for days for someone else with the same problem or guidance around the issue! i need some zelda in my life...

You should start a new thread about this problem, and provide more information about it, such as what revision of Everdrive 64 you have (v1, v2, v2.5, or v3), what version OS are you using, what game roms are you using, do those roms work with an emulator (if you've tried them), etc. Basically, the more information you give, the better your chances of your problem being diagnosed.

Anyway, you should try a different SD card, as some SD cards don't work with the Everdrive. If that doesn't work, then make a new post with all of the relevant information, and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Offline blizzz

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Is there a way to sort the game list alphabetically? It's kinda sorted, but not really. For example it will list "Mario Party 2" before "Mario Party", then "Mario Golf" and finally "Mario Party 3".

Edit: Fixed it by deleting all files from my SD card and copying them back over.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:51 AM by blizzz »