General > EverDrive GBA

[SOLVED] Everdrive X5 Mini Buttons Not Working

(1/2) > >>

9pf2u:
So I have just received my GBA X5 Mini and I have this weird issue.  Tried to search around but wasn't able to find any information, so reaching out to the experts.

When I put the X5 into my GBA (non SP) it starts up fine, but the directional buttons only work if I hold down Up or Down.  So I cannot even browse the menu to select anything as the other buttons do not work.  When I put in any of my other carts into the console, the buttons perform as you would expect without issues.

I also tried to put the X5 into my Game Boy Player and I was able to successfully launch some titles without issues.

Has anyone come across this before?  It seems like an isolated issue but would really like to get it working on the handheld GBA.

Uliner:
I've been combing the GBA Everdrive forums lately, but I don't think I've seen this come up as an issue.  Often times with other Everdrives (N8, 64, etc), third-party controllers can potentially cause issues.  (Obviously not relevant to your issue, but only controller issue I know of)

I know you've tried this on your GameBoy Player, but is it possible for you to test your x5 on another GBA console?  It may also help us troubleshoot your problem by recording a video of this issue.

9pf2u:

--- Quote from: Uliner on March 11, 2021, 08:17 PM ---I've been combing the GBA Everdrive forums lately, but I don't think I've seen this come up as an issue.  Often times with other Everdrives (N8, 64, etc), third-party controllers can potentially cause issues.  (Obviously not relevant to your issue, but only controller issue I know of)

I know you've tried this on your GameBoy Player, but is it possible for you to test your x5 on another GBA console?  It may also help us troubleshoot your problem by recording a video of this issue.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I saw some stuff about controllers too but as you said, not really the same thing.

I don't have access to another GBA unfortunately to test again. As for a video, I could try and see if I could get one up.  One note I should make, is I did install the IPS screen mod.  Unsure if this would have any impact.

9pf2u:
So I was able to resolve this myself.  Complete user error here.

It appears when I installed the brightness adjustment for the IPS, this caused an issue with the X5.  Not sure why this didn't cause issues with my other carts.  After I removed the brightness adjuster, the X5 worked as expected.

Uliner:
Thanks for coming back and posting the resolution.  I was curious why this may have been occurring on a stock GBA, but I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version